Nikon AF-S DX MICRO-NIKKOR 40MM F/2.8G Macro Lens
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
Get up close and personal
- Macro lens allows you to capture images of insects, flowers, and other wildlife at life-size (1:1) reproduction ratio.
- The 40mm focal length of the AF Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G lens provides a 0.16m working distance, making it a great lens for food photography or detailed product shots.
- An f/2.8 fixed aperture delivers great low light performance and shallow depth of field for a stunning, natural-looking bokeh effect in the out-of-focus areas.
Stay sharp and focused
- Silent Wave Motor delivers precise, quiet, and fast autofocus, allowing you to hone in on your subject without a noisy focus motor scaring them off
- Sometimes you'll want to take a more hands-on approach to focus. The lens's M/A Focus Mode Switch lets you seamlessly change between manual and autofocus.
- Close-Range Correction (CRC) system ensures superior lens performance, increasing the focusing range and delivering exceptional picture quality at close focusing distances
- Standard fixed-focal length lens is designed specifically for DX-format Nikon DSLR camera and weighs just 235g. Great for extended shooting sessions, experimenting with macro photography.
Micro NIKKOR optics
- This lens helps reduce lens flare and chromatic aberration thanks to Nikon's exclusive Super Integrated Coatings, which also help ensure vividly accurate colour balance.
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 744 reviewers who responded, 732 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great results already, more potential to follow.- September 21, 2013
I got this camera, with the 35mm DX lens, and the 70-300 telephoto lens, before a very picture-heavy trip. I did not have as much time before the trip as I would've liked to learn the features to this camera. However, I got some fantastic pictures that I will cherish forever. With minimal expertise, I was able to get amazing wildlife photography done. I can't wait to learn more, and take advantage of all of the features on this camera. Get the Wi-Fi adapter to transfer photos to a tablet while on vacation. This camera has two SD card slots, but it was great security to get their photos onto the cloud. Plus, the smartphone/iPad app doubles as a remote control.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DX camera for an enthusiast- October 11, 2014
A great camera for those looking to upgrade as it adds many of the menu functions of a beginner camera to the outside body, allowing the user to control most of the camera without diving into the menus. This camera is built tough and it fits great in your hands ergonomically. It is weather resistant allowing use in not so great weather. It has a built-in focus motor so it is compatible with older lenses and even 3rd party lenses that don't have the auto-focus motor built in. The auto-focusing system is superb and its able to grab a focus point, even in terrible light. This is the best camera you can purchase from Nikon before moving into the full-frame realm.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Camera- March 28, 2013
Nikon has delivered a gem with this camera. The published technical spec's & reviews validated purchasing the camera. This is was an upgrade from a D40x. Obviously, quantum leap in performance and features, but, it has been very easy to appreciate and use the new capabilities of the D7100. Auto focus is awesome, 6 fps will be enjoyed taking sport action shots of the kids, ISO range rocks, photo IQ delivered. Add quality glass to your camera and your images will be captured precisely. I look forward to learning all that I can do with this camera and will enjoy the excellent quality memories produced for many years to come. Best camera for the price. Thanks Nikon!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.