- This game is compatible with the PlayStation 4 Pro; get the best possible gameplay experience with crisp 4K resolution and the enhanced brightness capabilities of HDR video (requires TV/monitor that meets 4K/HDR standards)
- Explore a dark, fantastical version of 16th century Japan as fight alongside (and something against) the legendary heroes and villains of the Sengoku period
- Master the art of combat and learn to move with precision as you embody an experienced samurai with legendary skills
- Unleash combinations of combat moves created specifically for a range of authentic samurai weapons, including polearms, katanas, and axes
- Face terrifying and brutal enemies as you face off alone against skilled samurai, beasts, and demons known as the yokai
PlayStation 4 Pro Enhanced
Number of Players
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2148 reviewers who responded, 2084 would recommend this product.
- My thoughts before the game finally releases soon- January 6, 2017
I have both played the alpha and beta of this game and I got to say this game is pretty good. There are some aspects that are similar to dark souls in a way. This game features 3 modes which are action, movie and movie (variable). Action prioritizes frame rate over resolution, movie prioritizes resolution over frame rate and movie variable tries to balance out both. When it comes to combat there are 3 stances; the High, Mid and Low stance that go in hand with the weapons you have. I don't really know how to write reviews on game, but it's a buy for me although I will still wait for reviews by video game reviewers or professionals just in case.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Samurai Dark Souls-like- December 1, 2017
If you're reading this and trying to decide whether or not to pick it up I would say you take the plunge. It's a game that shares a lot of design philosophy with the Dark Souls series but with a very difference aesthetic. It adds a few things to the formula that are welcome additions. The change in scenery is pretty neat too. Overall the only thing I'd have changed would be to allow for character customization and the like. Everyone is playing the same guy with a few hair/beard choices unless you buy specific character models. I'd rather we have more time to customize ourselves, but that's a minor quibble. The game is fun! Give it a chance!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninja Gaiden + Onimusha + "Souls" games = THIS gam- February 7, 2017
I'm just gonna get straight to the point: Ninja Gaiden influence - fast paced action with learnable skills and maneuvers. Cant find and equip weapons such as Katanas, Axes/Hammers, Spears, Dual Swords, and Kugarishima (sickle and chain) Onimusha - Vibe and feel with setting taking place in a sort of feudal Japan era, enemies and monster designs influenced by this as well "Souls" influence - hard difficulty, leveling up system by collecting Amrita, (Souls in this game) enemies respawn at savepoints and finding shortcuts On its own, it has a Stance based combat system which allows for more dynamic and tactical combat options. Pick this game up NOWYes, I would recommend this to a friend.