Oculus Rift & Touch System
Store stock information is not available at this time
With a metallic shriek your fighter zooms through the launch tunnel and soars into the inky blackness of space. You tilt your head and quickly take stock of the situation: enormous carrier ships drift slowly below and on your right -- are those enemy fighters? Lasers rake across your shields and you jam the stick hard, veering away from enemy fire. You line up a fighter in your sights and your autocannons chatter as tracers streak through the void, turning the enemy into a blossoming fireball.
When the battle is over you take off the Oculus Rift headset and give yourself a few seconds to get reacquainted with reality. It almost feels strange to look around and see the familiar confines of your living room instead of the tight, futuristic structure of the fighter's cockpit. Playing the virtual reality space combat game felt so real you almost forgot you were sitting in a chair at home. In fact, it felt so immersive you can't wait to jump back in. With a grin you slip the Rift headset on and leap back into the heat of battle.
Why you need this:
- PC required: The Oculus Rift requires a PC with certain minimum specs. Please see the "Required hardware" section below.
- Incredible visuals: 2160 x 1200 resolution (1080 x 1200 per eye), a 110-degree field of view, and 90Hz refresh rate combine to create an immersive visual experience you need to see to believe.
- Integrated VR audio: The Rift's audio system places sounds in three-dimensional space, so it actually feels like sounds are coming from the side or above you.
- Removable audio arms: Enjoy the freedom to use your own headphones, if you prefer.
- Oculus Home: Explore a wide (and ever-growing) selection of games, movies, and experiences. Endless worlds await.
- Controllers: The Rift includes a pair of Oculus Sensor X2 Touch Controllers, which bring your hands into the virtual environment for a more tactile, realistic VR experience.
The Oculus Rift requires a PC with the following minimum requirements:
- Video card: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 / NVIDIA GTX 960 / AMD Radeon R9 290 equivalent or greater
- CPU: Intel i3 6100 / AMD FX4350 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8GB+ RAM
- Video output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- USB ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
- OS: Windows 10 or newer