Onkyo TX-NR696 7.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver
- High-performance discrete 7-channel amplifier delivers up to 100W (RMS) per channel
- 7.2 channels deliver immersive sound with a surrounding 7-speaker configuration and 2 specialized channels to handle extremely low frequencies
- Enhance your sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, plus Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X 3D sound processing and Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X upmixing technologies
- THX listening modes for movies, music, and games produce cinematic sound
- Use the DSP Sound Enhancement Modes (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG) for even more immersive gaming action
- Theater-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function makes it feel like you're right in the centre of the action
- Direct Mode reproduces audio close to the original source quality for classic, true-to-the-source sound
- Tone controls (bass/treble) for front L/R channels let you customize your sound
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves playback quality of compressed audio
- 1080p Full HD to 4K Ultra HD upscaling over HDMI delivers a crystal-clear, lag-free picture
- Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K/60p, HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020), 4:4:4 colour-space, BT.2020, 3D Video, ARC (Audio Return Channel), DeepColor, x.v.Color, and LipSync via HDMI
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming technology lets you stream music to your wireless devices
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connectivity and Ethernet LAN terminal let you choose between a wired or wireless internet connection
- Works with Sonos integration with the Sonos Home Sound System
- SMART AV Receiver integrates streaming services
- Remote app control works with Sonos, AirPlay 2 , DTS Play-Fi, and FlareConnect multi-room audio
- 7 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs, 2 digital audio inputs, 4 analog RCA inputs, and rear USB input make it easy to connect to a wide range of peripherals
- Redesigned simple remote control make it easy to navigate through your options
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
Surround yourself with dynamic, realistic sound
Enjoy exceptional, theatre-worthy visuals right at home
Connect to other devices to play music and enjoy other forms of media
Navigate options with ease
Required accessories (sold separately)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 423 reviewers who responded, 378 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Works as Advertised!!! Full recommend- September 15, 2021
I bought this back in November 2020 so I've worked it out quite a bit since then. I wanted to upgrade my system to Atmos so I decided to buy the Onkyo from the all the positive reviews and they were spot on. I'm running all Klipsch speakers and subs on this receiver which include 2 RP-280FA, 2 RP-600M, RP-450C, 1-SPL-150 15" 800W Subwoofer and 1-R-112SW 12" 600W Subwoofer. The Onkyo handles all these speakers with ease and I get a full, powerful, crisp sound that wows family and friends when they come visit. If I had to have a complaint, I wish it was a 9.2 system instead of a 7.2 to add rear atmos speakers. Great Buy and would recommend it to anyone wanting a 7.2 or 5.1.2 atmos system!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sounds beautiful, Easy setup & TONS of features!- January 30, 2021
After my Denon died, I did a bunch of research on the best receivers for music. I couldn't be happier with the Onkyo, after a brief try with new Denon. I disagree with many of the reviews that Denon provides a better listening experience. The Onkyo setup process is fast and easy. In addition to many music listening settings including THX Music, it has a graphic equalizer that can be used for each input. You can adjust it on screen or on the unit itself. Beautiful. I use Alexa with my Onkyo for streaming music from Spotify. I found a very nice setting that optimizes music and it sounds so much better! Under the Quick Menu, it's "Music Optimization". Listening to this versus the Denon, this Onkyo unit wins hands-down in my 7.1 channel setup.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sounds great !- November 15, 2021
Replace a old Sony receiver with this Onkyo loved it until it started to randomly shutting off . Email onkyo never heard anything back but found out onkyo had some over heating issue with fans not working all the time . Bought a pair of 120mm fan that work with usb since then it hasn’t shut off since . Beside that it has no problem working my 7 Acoustic Audio Speakers and my 2 Klipsch R12SW witch have no problem rattling the walls and sofa’sYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy setup and the sound is fantastic- February 7, 2020
Using the setup procedure that comes out of the box I am very happy with this unit. I am already wired so this was as simple as removing my old Denon unit and wiring up the Onkyo. I had to make a couple changes no that I have 4k pass through. I no longer have to connect my Xbox One X directly to the TV. Just one HDMI cable to the television. I also purchased Klipsch Dolby Atmos speakers for my rear channel to take advantage of the added sound processing. Using the included microphone to setup the sound was incredibly simple and Onkyo uses a more thorough process than my old Denon. It also has a much clearer on screen menu. I'll starting playing and tweaking settings this weekend. Do the Firmware update as soon as it is available to get Chromecast working if you use Google Home. Voice activating the controls is awesome. I've tested several streaming services and hooked into my in home streaming server without any issues and the music sounds incredible. I have several FLAC files along with WMA and MP3 and all play perfectly. I highly recommend this unit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Receiver for 4K and MORE- July 10, 2020
I upgraded my Home theater and added this receiver from an older Onkyo. The wifi and ultra 4K features are amazing. I can view something on my PC and then send to the receiver for sound and quality videos. The receiver has a NET mode so you can search and scroll the internet right from you account. Additionally, I matched this with and LG OLED65CXPUA Alexa Built-In CX Series 65" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2020) for amazing picture and sound. With the LG app I can open a file on my iphone 11 Pro Max and send to the tv and receiver for viewing there. With my 1Gig speed internet My home is tech savvy. Get this setup and be safe inside with you prime videos.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.