Onkyo TX-SR494 7.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Surround yourself with dynamic, realistic sound
- High-performance discrete 7-channel amplifier delivers up to 80W (RMS) per channel
- 7.2 channels deliver immersive sound with a surrounding 7-speaker configuration and 2 specialized channels to handle extremely low frequencies
- Enhance your sound with Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, plus Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer and DTS Virtual:X 3D sound processing and Dolby Surround and DTS Neural:X upmixing technologies
- Use the DSP Sound Enhancement Modes (Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG) for even more immersive gaming action
- Theater-Dimensional virtual surround-sound function makes it feel like you're right in the centre of the action
- Direct Mode reproduces audio close to the original source quality for classic, true-to-the-source sound
- Tone controls (bass/treble) for front L/R channels let you customize your sound
- Advanced Music Optimizer improves playback quality of compressed audio
Enjoy exceptional, theatre-worthy visuals right at home
- 1080p Full HD to 4K Ultra HD upscaling over HDMI delivers a crystal-clear, lag-free picture
- Supports HDCP 2.2, 4K/60p, HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, BT.2020), 4:4:4 colour-space, BT.2020, 3D Video, ARC (Audio Return Channel), DeepColor, x.v.Color, and LipSync via HDMI
Connect to other devices to play music and enjoy other forms of media
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming technology lets you stream music to your wireless devices
- 4 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output, 2 digital audio inputs, 3 analog RCA inputs, and rear USB input make it easy to connect to a wide range of peripherals
Easy set-up delivers your entertainment right to your fingertips in minutes
- Quick Connection Guide on rear panel allows for stress-free setup
- Redesigned simple remote control make it easy to navigate through your options
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 6 reviewers who responded, 3 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good receiver- January 9, 2021
Easy to set up. Blue tooth works great and runs my older equipment no problem.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Defective Product- January 18, 2021
I received my new receiver, and TV screen was all snowy and was flickering. Receiver was defective. Had to return to Ontario, haven't received a refund for it yet. I since purchased a Pioneer which I am still waiting to receive. My original receiver was an Onkyo which I had 8 or 9 years ,the voice went on it. So over all I would not recommend buying a Onkyo receiver.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- Good reciever, works well.- December 27, 2020
With a few minor tweaks (speaker volumes etc) it wasn't long before I was up and running. My personal opinion, I also bought the extended warranty just to be on the safe side. For a few extra bucks it is worth it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report