Philips 2200 Automatic Espresso Machine with LatteGo Milk Frother - Black
- Intuitive touch display lets you select your choice of coffee from 3 fresh-bean varieties including espresso, coffee, and cappucino, as well as a hot water option
- High-speed LatteGo milk frother provides velvety-smooth milk that's perfect for cappuccinos and lattes, and is super-easy to clean in just 15 seconds
- My Coffee Choice allows you to adjust aroma strength and quantity
- Aroma seal preserves the freshness in your beans for a longer duration
- Durable ceramic grinders with 12-step grinder levels adjust to your taste and last for up to 20,000 cups
- AquaClean filter offers up to 5,000 cups without descaling, resulting in ideal temperature, aroma, and crema cup after cup
- Detachable brew group and dishwasher-safe parts ensure easy maintenance and cleanup
- Measuring Scoop
- Water Hardness Test Strip
- AquaClean Filter
- Grease tube
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 9 reviewers who responded, 6 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great concept, mediocre coffee- November 17, 2020
I did a lot of research on the super automatics, and this once came with good reviews. I am an everyday coffee guy but my wife and kids wanted something with some fancier options. This gave us all the options we wanted. So after a lot of homework, I pulled the trigger on this. The results were disappointing. Espresso was okay, cappuccino and regular coffee was VERY weak, regardless of the setting or coffee grind settings. Most times the pucks were not fully compressed and watery. I made many adjustments and bought 4 different coffee beans....all with the same results. I spent a lot of time, wanting to love this but after 4 days, I gave up. Best feature on this was the quick milk cup cleanup. Also major kudos to bestbuy's return policy. Zero issues on the return. Sorry, but for 1000 dollars I expect a lot better.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (2)Report
- AWESOME MACHINE- March 4, 2021
So easy to use, well made, makes excellent coffee! Highly recommend!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Deal breaker. Can't just dispense steamed milk.- March 6, 2021
Given the price point, and the fantastic way the lattego milk dispenser works, one would think it could produce steamed milk on demand. It can't. The only way to get steamed milk is to choose the cappuccino setting, which begins by grinding beans before dispensing its one and only predetermined amount of milk. Sure you could hit stop before the espresso started brewing. But those ground beans are wasted. And you would have to repeat this wasteful step for every 6oz of milk you want. There is no way to make hot cocoa or london fog or green tea latte. For us, this is a deal breaker. That said, we do like the espresso and coffee it makes. No more messy grinding beans and tamping them and dumping spent grounds for each shot. That part is awesome. Once we adjusted the grinder to a finer setting, the results were great with a nice amount of crema. I can pull a short and my daughter can pull a long at the push of a couple of buttons. For that reason we are ordering the Philips 2200 with the steam wand to replace this 2200 with the lattego dispenser. We did a lot of research before purchase and thought our needs would be met. We simply require and expected more control of our steamed milk. Too bad because the lattego milk dispensing system is really innovative.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report