Pioneer VSX-834 7.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- 80 watts of power per channel engulfs you with rich and immersive sound
- 7.2 channel configuration transforms your home into a mini theatre
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround Upmixer, DTS: X, DTS Nerual:X Upmixer, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer, DTS Virtual:X, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Digital Plus provide true-to-life sound
- Two-channel advanced sound retriever and advanced surround modes elevate your audio experience
- MCACC auto room tuning with Phase Control and Subwoofer EQ neutralizes change in speaker size, level, and distance, resulting in a more balanced output
- Supports 4K resolution so you can enjoy movies with unmatched clarity
- Ultra HD, HDR10, HLG, and Dolby Vision with support for HDCP 2.2 offers more vibrant colours, sharper images, and exceptional picture quality
- Built-in Bluetooth technology makes it easy to play media from your favourite devices
- Four HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output let you connect the receiver to a range of compatible home theatre systems, gaming consoles, and more
- Three audio inputs, one audio output, one digital coaxial input, one Toslink optical input, and one headphone jack provide a range of connectivity options
- Zone B lets you play music in the main zone with wireless headphones
Easy to use
- Slim profile fits into small spaces and offers a minimalist, sleek look
- Manage and control everything from the comfort of your couch with the user-friendly remote control
- Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI sends and receives A/V signals through the same cable, eliminating the need for additional cables
- Preset settings include Classical, Unplugged, Entertainment Show, Drama, Extended Stereo, Extended Mono, and Front Stage Surround Advance for customized sound
Required accessories (sold separately)
- Cables you'll need: HDMI (to connect the receiver to your TV) and speaker wire (for connecting the receiver to your speakers)
- Optional cables: optical or coaxial cables (for digital audio) and RCA cables (for connecting older gear
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 125 reviewers who responded, 118 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Upgrade to My Surround Sound- February 8, 2020
I had an older model Pioneer 5.1 receiver that finally started give me problems after years of use. I did months of research and decided to upgrade to this 7.2 receiver. It was on sale, but I’m very happy with my purchase. It has plenty of power for all 7 speakers (4 Sonance in ceiling speakers, Sony center channel & a pair of book shelf) and 2 (Polk 10”) subs. Easy to setup and my Samsung 65” 4K tv connected with no problems. The only issue I have with this receiver is that it doesn’t have a network port for an internet connection. Not a show stopper, I can still use my phone for satellite radio.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Sounds fill the entire room- July 6, 2019
I love this new AV unit. It is replacing a Panasonic 5.2 AV. It really blew that out of the water as soon as it was hooked up. Sounds from my side speakers brought the scene alive like never before. There is so much technology inside this box that it'll take a little while to learn everything, but it has been amazing listening to the things I've been missing in the past. The sound is so rich and full. It truely is a wonderful AV Unit. The HEOS connection is another major plus. I currently do not have HEOS speakers throughout the house, but I can certainly see that happening in the future.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great product for the price!- June 7, 2019
I’ve had many receivers over the years, most of them Pioneer but also Denon and Onkyo and this really is a great value. The features and power output alone could demand a higher price. I gave it four stars instead of five because of one flaw. For some reason every time I switch back to Fios the resolution resets to480p instead of 1080p which I had it set on. This did not happen with my previous receivers, it’s a minor flaw but annoying. Other than that the sound quality is excellent and user interface is very intuitive. I am very happy with this receiver.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.