Pioneer VSX-S520 5.1 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Receiver
- 5.1-channel receiver with a Class D amplifier drives 80W per-channel to produce ear-cracking cinema-like surround sound in your home
- 4K 60p Ultra HD upscaling and pass-through automatically calibrates each video source independently, so you get less graininess and noise
- Bluetooth, AirPlay, DTS Play-Fi, Chromecast Audio, FireConnect, and dual-band Wi-Fi let you wireless stream music and audio from a variety of devices and apps to the receiver and your speakers
- Decodes major 5-channel surround-sound, formats including Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, and DTS:X
- Front and rear HDMI inputs let you connect a range of devices, including gaming consoles, cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and media players
- MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration) Auto Room Tuning optimizes performance, compensating for speaker size, level, and distance to the listening positions (microphone included)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 14 reviewers who responded, 13 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Receiver fits well in a tight space and adds 4K- August 8, 2019
I previously had an older 5 disc DVD Samsung receiver, but it was showing its age, and I wanted to be able to have something that would support ARC from the TV back to the receiver (to satisfy others in the household who don't want to listen to the receiver to watch TV). This works really well in handling both the ARC, and I moved an Apple TV 4K as an input into the receiver, and it handles it just fine. I used the old speakers (3 Ohm) with the receiver even though it recommends 4-8 Ohm speakers. The configuration process does take about 10-15 minutes, but it sounds good. I had to turn down the subwoofer settings, but otherwise it works great. Airplay works well, and my Google Home Mini sees it as well. There may be more reasonably priced receivers, but for my needs, it does what I need it to do.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Purchased for low profile!- April 20, 2019
This receiver was purchased because I needed something with a low profile in a 5.1 system & Network-Ready 4K Ultra HD and 3D Pass-Through HDR Compatible! This was the ONLY thing I could find...that was affordable to me. It does all that I need with great sound and PLENTY enough volume. No regrets, or regerts, here.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor quality- September 30, 2017
It worked fine at first. Within less than a month, problems appear from time to time. The remote control app couldn't find the receiver when all network connections were fine. Finally, one of the front speaker output stops having any sound. I have used many receivers in the past 40+ years and this is the worst one.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.