PlayStation 5 Console
- Standard edition console includes a disc drive that plays Blu-ray discs and is 4K Ultra HD compatible
- Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do
- Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5 features
- Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology
- 825GB internal solid state drive (SSD) gives you fast, reliable storage space for your games and more
- Powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech, the PS5 console can put you at the centre of incredibly immersive soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction
- Frame rates of up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays, gives you smooth, fluid gameplay
- With ray tracing, immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5 games
- HDMI output and support for 4K gaming means you can play your favourite PS5 games on your 4K TV
- Also supports 8K output, so you can play games on a compatible display in stunning 4320p resolution
- With an HDR TV, supported PS5 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colours
- Four USB ports let you connect a variety of external devices
- Includes one DualSense Wireless controller (additional controllers sold separately)
- PS5 Console
- Dualsense Wireless Controller
- HDMI Cable
- AC Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 603 reviewers who responded, 526 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- stop scalpers if you care about your customers- November 22, 2020
I got my PS5, got no complaints. even got it early. so this review will be a 5 star... but I need to bring up an issue that bestbuy doesnt care about. scalping bots. the reason most actual gamers didnt get a PS5 is because retailers don't care about stopping bots. they get their money either way. there's so much tech out there to stop or at the least slow down bots so that actual consumers can get this in their hands. the fact that besbuy did NOTHING and only a handful of us actual gamers got a PS5 is downright embarrassing. they won't read this anyways... but the first retailer to actually care about their consumers, will be my exclusive retailer. and I won't shop here ever again in that case. food for thoughtYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (94)Report
- Actual review- November 14, 2020
PS5 Pros: Faster SSD than Xbox, Better controller haptics than XBOX, Great system cooling design, MUCH better exclusives. PS5 Cons: Marginally less max power output then Xbox, gratuitously large design, and slightly less backwards compatibility. I decided to go with the PS5 strictly because I know Sony is known for having better exclusives, however, I am and you should be aware that the trade off is that the XBOX just has more computing power. Meaning that the PS5 might be bottlenecked down the line. Overall The design is large but optimised for cooling, and the Spider Man game looks and feels great in 4k 60fps, and the load times are cut is half.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (177)Report
- Great system!- November 18, 2020
I just received my ps5 just today and I love everything about it so far, the control is really something else! It s must have and is the new age of gaming with it coming! Love the design albeit huge! It’s the biggest system even bigger than the original fat ps3... that’s quite a feat. One thing is a don’t agree giving a bad rating because Best Buy sold out of this system so quick, so did every other company out there! If you don’t like the system that’s fine that is your opinion but don’t rate the system poorly if you’ve never gotten it due to lack of stock. I do hope everyone wanting one of these sexy machines does get one soon! Worth it!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (111)Report