PlayStation 5 Digital Edition Console
- PS5 Digital Edition is an all-digital version of the PS5 console with no disc drive; sign into your account for PlayStation Network and go to PlayStation Store to buy and download games
- Harness the power of a custom CPU, GPU, and SSD with Integrated I/O that rewrite the rules of what a PlayStation console can do
- Marvel at incredible graphics and experience new PS5 features
- Discover a deeper gaming experience with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D Audio technology
- 825GB internal solid state drive (SSD) gives you fast, reliable storage space for your games and more
- Powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech, the PS5 console can put you at the centre of incredibly immersive soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction
- Frame rates of up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays, gives you smooth, fluid gameplay
- With ray tracing, immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5 games
- HDMI output and support for 4K gaming means you can play your favourite PS5 games on your 4K TV
- Also supports 8K output, so you can play games on a compatible display in stunning 4320p resolution
- With an HDR TV, supported PS5 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colours
- Four USB ports let you connect a variety of external devices
- Includes one DualSense Wireless controller (additional controllers sold separately)
- PS5 Digital Edition Console
- Dualsense Wireless Controller
- HDMI Cable
- AC Power Cord
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 118 reviewers who responded, 101 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great start, not perfect, but nothing is.- November 17, 2020
Well packaged in the retail box and easy to hook up and and start the system set up. Optionally transfer your PS4 games to the PS5 but due to limited space on its SSD, I opted to just use my existing 5TB HDD in the PS5. System itself is huge, but we knew that. What I don't like is the dust-attracting glossy black plastic between the white plates. It takes about 10 minutes to gather a new covering of dust and it's unavoidable. As for functionality - it's fast. Demons Souls loads to the menu in under 10 seconds if you skip the cinematics, and under 10 seconds to get into the game itself from the load game screen. Visually stunning, framerate is solid 95% of the time, and the system is super quiet, never sounding like the jet engine that we know as the PS5.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (90)Report
- PERFECT FOR ME- November 29, 2020
The console is what I was hoping for. The interface is efficient and fast. The loading speeds are great. I have a huge 300 plus digital games in my library and everything works like a charm. I go could in-depth with details, but what is there to say that we don't already know. It was worth the wait. It is playstation after all. People who enjoyed their ps4 will surely enjoy the ps5.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (12)Report
- ALMOST ready to launch- March 13, 2021
It can be stated that this console wasn't fully ready to launch from a software point of voice. There are many features that are missed from the PS4. Friend's list, messaging, folders, and bland menu make it clear. That being said, this can all be fixed with software updates. One of the favorite things about this console is just how quiet it is for the power it's pushing. I just hope it stays this quiet in years to come. I'm one of the few that loves the design and I think the Digital Edition looks 10x better. The physical edition looks like it has a lump on its side. Overall the console is a powerhouse and I love how I can continue ALL my Ps4 games on here. I haven't turned my PS4 back on since the day I got this console. No reason to.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report