Rachio R3 16-Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller (16ZULW-C)
- Wi-Fi technology lets you download and pair the Rachio app with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, connected home system, or run zones directly from the controller itself for automatic and smart irrigation
- Plant type and sun exposure inputs alongside smart scheduling, let Rachio to automatically sprinkle the exact amount of water needed for your lawn
- Rachio Weather Intelligence Plus automatically sets your irrigation schedule depending on comprehensive forecasts in your location
- Satellite, radar, and weather station data obtained from more than a quarter-million sources provide reliable information on rain, wind, or snow and help you plan your watering schedule
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Nest for smart integration
- Convenient screw mounting using easy-press connectors and support for 14- and 18-gauge wires
- Power Cord
- Mounting Hardware
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 81 reviewers who responded, 77 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Unit works great after....- July 3, 2020
First of let me say this is my 3rd Rachio. I recently moved and didn’t take my Gen 2 unit with me due to it being an 8 zone and I needed a 10 zone unit. Functionality is great with these products but this Gen 3 unit setup is horrible if you’re on a newer iPhone. After 45mins of trying to get this connect to WiFi from my iPhone 11 Pro and via Windows program they have I was unable to get the unit to work. I had to borrow someone’s older iPhone to get the unit to connect to my WiFi and then everything was good. IMO that is unacceptable! Once I got the unit setup to the WiFi I haven’t had any other issues and the unit has been functioning great.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great smart sprinkler system- March 12, 2021
Bought on Earth Day at cheaper price than the older 8 zone model. Only have 8 zones on my system, but this had more features and allows for future expansion if needed. Installed myself (not an irrigation guy, but somewhat of a techy). Was a little confusing mapping the wires from my old system. Took some trial and error and referencing some online guides from Rachio. Looks a heck of alot better on my wall than the old one. Has been up and running now for almost a year. Very reliable. Easy to get basic schedules setup. Lots of advanced options available. Definitely helps keep our plants green in Dallas, TX once it is set right.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a whole new greener and cheaper world- June 9, 2020
My water bill went from $800 to $200, no exaggeration, even BEFORE getting the Rachio Flowmeter. The controller when I bought the house made it so difficult to figure out what zone was what, to trouble shoot, to set up a schedule, and FORGET troubleshooting! I had a Hunter controller, so installing and setting this up myself was super easy. Now, I can watch my yard respond for a couple weeks, tweak here and there, and like I said, get to a point where I'm saving $600/mo with a beautiful yard! When this season started, the Flowmeter helped alert me to two sprinkler heads that broke, and I'd never have known. Love this thing!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.