Rachio R3 8-Zone Smart Sprinkler Controller (8ZULW-C)
Available to ship
- Wi-Fi technology lets you download and pair the Rachio app with your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, connected home system, or run zones directly from the controller itself for automatic and smart irrigation
- Smart scheduling alongside plant type and sun exposure information allows Rachio to automatically sprinkle the desired amount of water needed for your lawn
- Rachio Weather Intelligence Plus technology automatically fixes your irrigation schedule based on extensive forecasts in your location
- Satellite, radar, and weather station data obtained from more than a quarter-million sources offer reliable information about rain, wind, and snow, so you can plan your watering schedule
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Nest for smart integration
- Easy screw mounting using easy-press connectors and support for 14- and 18-gauge wires
- Power Cord
- Mounting Hardware
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 330 reviewers who responded, 321 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great device and app for managing home landscaping- December 16, 2018
I recently purchased the Rachio Gen 3. It's placed outside, so also bought the outdoor enclosure. Both were easy to physically install ( I was replacing another sprinkler controller.) I did have to call the support line several times due to issues with WiFi connecting to the device. They were helpful on the phone and follow-up call. Once the Rachio connected with my wifi, it was a snap to set up, label, customize and test all the watering zones. It's raining today and I was informed that the schedule I'd set would be on hold due to the rain. Perfect! Also nice to control and manage everything from the well-thought out phone app. Highly recommended.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple replacement of old controller- September 2, 2019
I bought this controller to replace my old rainbird unit that was an issue from day one but needed a quick replacement due to lightning strike. I have had nearly every controller out the over my multiple homes that I have owned. This unit was the simplest of all to setup and configure. I was surprised at how the app took in the info needed to access my WIFI network so password input was very simple. After scanning the bar code everything moved swiftly. Made one mistake by mis-wiring zone 5 & 7 but quick test slowed my issue and corrected in 2 min. Great simple product and setup is easy as long as you what the many YouTube examples.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Money Maker- March 9, 2021
I bought this thing on sale because I was getting tired of trying to catch the dumb sprinkler controller in the mornings when it would rain to prevent wasted water. We received a rebate from our local water utility that covered almost half the cost of the Rachio. The first month using the Rachio our bill was $100 less than the lowest previous month. Between these two savings, it has paid for itself in the first 30 days of use. Setup was super easy and the app has a lot of really cool features. It even allows you to draw the layout of your system and specify the type of sprinkler heads and plants on each watering cycle to most accurately estimate water needs.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sprinkler Smart Controller- September 17, 2021
Got the Racio-8-Zone 3rd Generation Smart Sprinkler Controller for my husband's birthday. I am glad that I did, that a few days before his birthday he complained that he wished he could set the sprinklers from his phone. Yep, good wife listened...lol Anyways, it is nice to set up your system on your phone, versus running back and forth to set the sprinklers on or off, or even just to ensure all zones are being watered. In addition, this system is very nice and sends you notifications to inform you that it will be raining and therefore, will not be waisting water. We are very please with this easy-to-use system.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Possibly great- August 29, 2020
They don’t tell you that there are tons of additional components to buy in order to get it to do everything they do tell you it does. It goes off line and I don’t get a notification. Frequently, it won’t run on a scheduled time or certain zones will run for a shorter period, yet I won’t get notification as to why (was it a weather skip, was it offline, etc.). And there are many settings that you need to know technical information in order to know how to set up, yet they don’t give descriptions/definitions. This means I’ve paid $300 for it to have all of these features that I either don’t have access to or I don’t know how to set. Which means it’s programmed to function like a basic oneNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.