Razer Viper 8KHz 20000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse - Black - Exclusive Retail Partner
- Wired design with 1.8m (5.9ft.) cable length means you never have to worry about replacing batteries or input lag
- Ergonomic shape snugly fits in the palm of your hand to give you absolute movement control
- 20000DPI Focus+ optical sensor tracks every movement with excellent precision on most surface types
- Eight programmable buttons including the scroll wheels give you instant access to your preferred functions or actions while gaming, editing, and more
- Five memory profiles provide ample flexibility to create a convenient key mapping system for gaming, editing tasks, and other uses
- Optical Mouse Switch is capable of actuation at the speed of light for reduced lag and latency
- True 8000Hz HyperPolling technology gives you almost zero input latency and makes this mouse up to 8 times faster than other gaming mice
- 71g lightweight build is easy to control, carry around, and makes an excellent accessory for laptops
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 18 reviewers who responded, 12 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Razer 8k - Cold Boot Issue- February 15, 2021
Quite the annoyance when booting up ~ the Razer 8k mouse is never detected and I have to replug the mouse for it to work every single time. I replicated this by turning off computer for 5 mins and turned it back on. I've tried different USB ports, having mouse at 1000hz, disabled fast boot in BIOS. Apparently this is a common issue with Razer mice in general from the past. -X570 Motherboard (F33a BIOS Agesa 1 2.0.0) -5950x CPU -Asus RTX 3090 Strix -Latest AMD Chipset Drivers (Feb 4, 21) -Windows 20H2 General consensus is this a Firmware Issue. If you are experiencing this issue, please post I. this thread with your system specs.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Still feels like a beta product- February 6, 2021
8Khz is not ready for a lot of games, the only game that seems to correctly work is Overeating. I've tried Valorant, CSGO, League of Legends, CoD Cold War, and Warzone. If you flick fast with 8KHz enabled your fps drops because the game engine isn't optimized for it just yet. A big problem I had was that I needed to replug the mouse over and over again after each shutdown. Lastly, when 8Khz is enabled and you have two monitors, windows can't keep up when switching a window from one monitor to another because of how high the Hz is without flicking it fast to the other monitor. It seems that this product is like a beta product and needs to optimized for windows and games. I exchanged this mouse to the HyperX Pulsefire Haste and have zero issues now.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!- February 5, 2021
I already own and love the Viper Ultimate. I picked this up to support the technology. I haven't had any issues with any stuttering in games. This mouse is future proof. No one really "needs" 8khz report rate. I like to see them pushing the industry toward this and not 500,000 dpi when most people use like 800. The changes made from the original are also appreciated. PTFE feet, better clicks and improved side buttons. It's cool to see Razer at the forefront again.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.