Samsung 55" 4K UHD HDR QLED Tizen OS Smart TV (QN55Q80AAFXZC) - 2021 - Titan Black
Intense colour and lifelike clarity
- 55" screen with 4K Ultra HD immerses you into the action of your movies, sports, and games
- QLED display with Quantum Dot technology and 100% Colour Volume captures light and transforms it into lifelike colour
- Direct Full array with innovative backlighting technology ensures bold and accurate contrast
- Quantum HDR enhances detail and contrast so every image is crisp and clear
- HDR10+ dynamic tone mapping delivers richer blacks, vibrant imagery, and stunning detail
- Wide viewing angle ensures you can see vibrant colour from multiple angles with less colour distortion
- Adaptive Picture technology automatically adjusts the brightness and contrast based on environmental viewing conditions
- AirSlim blends seamlessly into the wall to enhance the immersive experience
Rich, cinematic sound
- Q-Symphony allows your TV and soundbar speakers to operate simultaneously for enhanced surround effect without muting TV speakers
- SpaceFit Sound optimises sound based on the installation environment (such as a wall or tabletop)
- Active Voice Amplifier (AVA) emphasizes voices on TV for clear dialogue, even through environmental noises
- Tizen operating system delivers fast, optimal performance for a seamless entertainment experience
- Smart TV allows you to browse the internet, stream video, and utilise apps right from the television
- Built-in Bixby, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant offer hands-free operation
- Samsung TV Plus offers free, live-streaming TV content with a wide variety of channels
- Samsung Health gives you access to camera-powered coaching, daily stats synced from the Samsung Health app, and content from leading fitness and mindfulness partners
- SolarCell Remote uses indoor light and can be charged via USB-C to provide almost two years of use on a full charge
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ offers motion enhancements up to 4K 120Hz for ultra-smooth gameplay without lag and motion blur
- FreeSync Premium Pro reduces stutter and screen tearing while delivering support for HDR content display, reduced input latency, and Low Framerate Compensation (LFC)
- Super Ultrawide GameView and Game Bar provide 21:9 and 32:9 ratios for increased viewing area
- Display Game Bar provides a comprehensive menu with options like screen ratio adjustment, input lag check, FPS, HDR, wireless headset, and more
Multiple ways to connect
- Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, and wired technologies make it easy to connect with your home's network
- Four HDMI 2.1, 2.0 ports, one coaxial cable input, one optical digital audio output, and two USB media ports offer a wide range of connectivity options
- Multi View lets you watch what's on your TV and on your mobile device on the same screen at the same time
- Tap View makes it easy to play movies from your mobile device right to the TV with a single tap
- PC on TV connects your PC, laptop, and mobile device seamlessly to your TV
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- TV Remote
- Batteries for TV Remote
- Power Cable
- User Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 849 reviewers who responded, 775 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent combination of technology and intuitive- April 24, 2021
This yet another excellent TV by Samsung with the right combination of technology and an intuitive user interface to cover your display needs for next decade. The 4k display with Quantum Processor is amazing. All of sudden everything you see is in 4k resolution even though it is not broadcasted such. My phone recorded 4k video looks amazingly clear and so much better. View from any angle looks the same without any color change or degraded quality. Sound on TV is very impressive, specially that moves with the object on screen. Watching fast and furious on tv was such an impressive experience. One would not need a sound bar or surround sound system with this tv, it does provide very impressive sound effects on its own. Color and contrast is such a treat for the eyes and picture quality is amazing under any room lighting condition, be it day or night lights. I loved how thin and light weight the TV is with extremely thin bezel. I am so impressed by the intuitive user interface of the tv and easy of integration with my smart devices in the house. Setting this TV was so much fun and easy. I was done with all the necessary customization and setup in like 15 min and was actually enjoying the view and colors. TV immediately prompted me to enter wifi details on first time startup and once that was done the smart device integration was cake walk. Ambient mode allows, to use the TV as picture frame in the house. Ambient mode has so many more feature and themes along with clock and weather for your location. SmartThings integration with Samsung products, Multi-view with connectivity from Samsung phone are so impressive. Ease of connecting you laptop (PC or Mac) to the tv without any wires , over the air (wifi), is amazing and child’s play. Finally, the solar charging remote control with universal remote capabilities works out of the box with so many devices and integration with Philip DVD player or Bose system is the simplest I have seen for any universal remote. Such an impressive TV and can’t stop sharing details with friends and family. I have read few reviews about the little black triangle on screen, that is nothing but a screen protection film on the tv screen. They probably forgot to take the film out. The screen protection film has a red triangle printed on the screen.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- TO MANY ISSUES- August 3, 2021
bought the samsung q80a july 5th delivered july 22,2021. 1. there is a black spot on the upper right screen. tried to wipe it off with a microfiber towel but embedded in the screen 2. the voice is not synching with the person talking. 3. took forever to get a the picture correct. make sure your cable box is set to 1080p and you have the correct hdmi cables. go online and get excellent cables . not necessary to spend alot of $$'s on cablesNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing TV and Solar Remote, Say What?!?!- May 6, 2021
Totally in love with the Samsung Q80A. We use the 55" as a bedroom TV but this is our favorite set in the house. We do have the Q90A in our living room, but I honestly like the Q80A more! The picture is crystal clear with vibrant colors and the sound is phenomenal, even without a soundbar. And can we talk about this solar remote?!?!? Forget about buying batteries and dead remotes. And if your remote is in an area that doesn't get much sun, not to worry because it has a USB-C port if needed. Great TV from a great manufacturer doing their part to reduce plastic waste.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought my last TV was a good one...- May 18, 2021
The Samsung 55” Class Q80A QLED 4K TV is great! Right out of the box, this TV is sexy. Sleek, thin, edge to edge LED screen, and a finger-print resistant matte finish on the back. I mounted this TV on the wall, but the stand is a very sturdy one, and attaches to a heavy-duty steel plate. They aren't messing around with the stability of this. From unboxing to set-up, everything was a breeze. AND the SOLAR POWERED remote (yes, you heard that right, solar-powered) works like a charm! Simple, small, and yet with everything you need. As soon as you turn on the TV, you fly though the set-up. It makes connecting all your extra devices, and accounts super easy, and right there as part of the initial set-up. This means you don't have to go searching around for things later to try and get your Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime accounts, etc., set-up later. You have plenty of pre-set options for display, as is typical with these newer flat-screen TVs. For example, cinema mode, game mode, and standard. However, Samsung makes it very easy to go through and tweak and adjust picture settings, and quality, to exactly like you want it. There is also a mode that you can set to have the picture and sound automatically adjust depending on ambient light and noise. We tried this out, and found it to work fantastic. Commercial sound levels can finally be at the same level as the show you were watching... The Samsung 55” Class Q80A QLED 4K TV has 4 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, a LAN and an optical digital port. Enough for all your robust gaming, blu-ray, and video streaming devices. The sound on this TV is the best I have ever had in a TV. The sound follows around the room depending on what is happening on the TV. THe background noises, for example a car, will be stereo and helps to immerse you in whatever movie or TV show you might be enjoying. No need for a soundbar with this TV to help enhance the quality - it's great right out of the box. And just like anything, Samsung allows you to customize this for your trebles, mids and bass. The picture quality on this TV is amazing. The 4k quality is fantastic. Some TVs get grainy the close you get, even though claiming to be 4k quality. Not Samsung - sharp, crisp and clear all around, and from every angle. All in all, this is now my new favorite TV. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants a high quality, in both sound and picture, smart TV. Well done, Samsung! Please note: I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest opinion.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not buy- April 7, 2021
I would say avoid this TV for now until they get the screen issues figured out from the factory. I purchased one and had to return it because of a screen issue and then my replacement I just got had the same issue in almost the same exact part of the screen. So either something is happening in the factory or during shipping to these TVs.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.