Samsung 55" 4K UHD HDR QLED Tizen OS Smart TV (QN55Q80AAFXZC) - 2021 - Titan Black
Intense colour and lifelike clarity
- 55" screen with 4K Ultra HD immerses you into the action of your movies, sports, and games
- QLED display with Quantum Dot technology and 100% Colour Volume captures light and transforms it into lifelike colour
- Direct Full array with innovative backlighting technology ensures bold and accurate contrast
- Quantum HDR enhances detail and contrast so every image is crisp and clear
- HDR10+ dynamic tone mapping delivers richer blacks, vibrant imagery, and stunning detail
- Wide viewing angle ensures you can see vibrant colour from multiple angles with less colour distortion
- Adaptive Picture technology automatically adjusts the brightness and contrast based on environmental viewing conditions
- AirSlim blends seamlessly into the wall to enhance the immersive experience
Rich, cinematic sound
- Q-Symphony allows your TV and soundbar speakers to operate simultaneously for enhanced surround effect without muting TV speakers
- SpaceFit Sound optimises sound based on the installation environment (such as a wall or tabletop)
- Active Voice Amplifier (AVA) emphasizes voices on TV for clear dialogue, even through environmental noises
- Tizen operating system delivers fast, optimal performance for a seamless entertainment experience
- Smart TV allows you to browse the internet, stream video, and utilise apps right from the television
- Built-in Bixby, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant offer hands-free operation
- Samsung TV Plus offers free, live-streaming TV content with a wide variety of channels
- Samsung Health gives you access to camera-powered coaching, daily stats synced from the Samsung Health app, and content from leading fitness and mindfulness partners
- SolarCell Remote uses indoor light and can be charged via USB-C to provide almost two years of use on a full charge
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ offers motion enhancements up to 4K 120Hz for ultra-smooth gameplay without lag and motion blur
- FreeSync Premium Pro reduces stutter and screen tearing while delivering support for HDR content display, reduced input latency, and Low Framerate Compensation (LFC)
- Super Ultrawide GameView and Game Bar provide 21:9 and 32:9 ratios for increased viewing area
- Display Game Bar provides a comprehensive menu with options like screen ratio adjustment, input lag check, FPS, HDR, wireless headset, and more
Multiple ways to connect
- Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, and wired technologies make it easy to connect with your home's network
- Four HDMI 2.1, 2.0 ports, one coaxial cable input, one optical digital audio output, and two USB media ports offer a wide range of connectivity options
- Multi View lets you watch what's on your TV and on your mobile device on the same screen at the same time
- Tap View makes it easy to play movies from your mobile device right to the TV with a single tap
- PC on TV connects your PC, laptop, and mobile device seamlessly to your TV
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- TV Remote
- Batteries for TV Remote
- Power Cable
- User Manual
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1785 reviewers who responded, 1433 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A little disappointed- May 13, 2022
The tv is very good in theory but it came with a slight backlight problem in the upper left part that has worsened just a month after buying it. In addition to some small marks on the screen that are only seen in some positions. Now that the problem is more serious, I'm going to see what Bestbuy tells me.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- So lifelike it's almost scary!- September 5, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] when the driver dropped off the box, he made sure everything was all right, since there were several holes in the box. the tv was fine! we appreciated him being so nice! it didn't take my husband long to unwrap the tv, hook it up, then hang it on the wall over the fireplace in our living room. setup as so simple it wasn't funny. we easily connected the tv to our roku soundbar and speakers and were set to go. the picture is absolutely stunning, crystal clear and like watching live television, no matter what we watched. we keep expecting the people on the screen to walk off the tv into our living room. i highly recommend this tv. i am so thrilled with it i am considering buying another for our home bar!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent combination of technology and intuitive- April 24, 2021
This yet another excellent TV by Samsung with the right combination of technology and an intuitive user interface to cover your display needs for next decade. The 4k display with Quantum Processor is amazing. All of sudden everything you see is in 4k resolution even though it is not broadcasted such. My phone recorded 4k video looks amazingly clear and so much better. View from any angle looks the same without any color change or degraded quality. Sound on TV is very impressive, specially that moves with the object on screen. Watching fast and furious on tv was such an impressive experience. One would not need a sound bar or surround sound system with this tv, it does provide very impressive sound effects on its own. Color and contrast is such a treat for the eyes and picture quality is amazing under any room lighting condition, be it day or night lights. I loved how thin and light weight the TV is with extremely thin bezel. I am so impressed by the intuitive user interface of the tv and easy of integration with my smart devices in the house. Setting this TV was so much fun and easy. I was done with all the necessary customization and setup in like 15 min and was actually enjoying the view and colors. TV immediately prompted me to enter wifi details on first time startup and once that was done the smart device integration was cake walk. Ambient mode allows, to use the TV as picture frame in the house. Ambient mode has so many more feature and themes along with clock and weather for your location. SmartThings integration with Samsung products, Multi-view with connectivity from Samsung phone are so impressive. Ease of connecting you laptop (PC or Mac) to the tv without any wires , over the air (wifi), is amazing and child’s play. Finally, the solar charging remote control with universal remote capabilities works out of the box with so many devices and integration with Philip DVD player or Bose system is the simplest I have seen for any universal remote. Such an impressive TV and can’t stop sharing details with friends and family. I have read few reviews about the little black triangle on screen, that is nothing but a screen protection film on the tv screen. They probably forgot to take the film out. The screen protection film has a red triangle printed on the screen.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- TO MANY ISSUES- August 3, 2021
bought the samsung q80a july 5th delivered july 22,2021. 1. there is a black spot on the upper right screen. tried to wipe it off with a microfiber towel but embedded in the screen 2. the voice is not synching with the person talking. 3. took forever to get a the picture correct. make sure your cable box is set to 1080p and you have the correct hdmi cables. go online and get excellent cables . not necessary to spend alot of $$'s on cablesNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- No "multiview" for pre-installed apps.- November 11, 2021
bought 2 of these tv's for multi-view function and it's "endless possibilities for splitting screens and viewing several types of content at the same time"- samsung. the only thing you can do is screen mirror a samsung phone on the right and on the left you can watch air tv, cable, samsung tv, or hdmi input. none of the pre-installed apps (disney, hulu,prime or netflix) work on multiview. youtube semi works but you need to exit split screen to search content then go back into multiview. samsung need to create a software update for this issue. picture, sound, and design are good but seriously disappointed at the multiview function. as there are cheaper alternatives ie. tu7000.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.