Samsung Odyssey G9 49" DQHD 240Hz 1ms GTG Curved VA LED G-Sync Gaming Monitor (LC49G95TSSNXZA) - White
- 49" 1000R curved Dual QHD (DQHD) LCD monitor with jaw-dropping 5120 x 1440 resolution (as wide as two QHD monitors side by side) and 32:9 aspect ratio lets you play your favourite games and multi-task on a grand scale with stunning details
- 1ms response time, 2ms input lag, and 240Hz RapidCurve refresh rate give you super-smooth motion without ghosting, tearing, or broken frames (note: upgrade to the latest version of your graphics driver to enable 240Hz at 5120 x 1440 resolution)
- 420 cd/m2 brightness and 2500:1 contrast ratio deliver clear and well-lit visuals
- QLED offers bright and lifelike shades and hues for rich video output
- HDR1000 enables bold contrast by brightening the highlights and darkening the shadows for incredible depth
- HDR10+ Imagery offers the perfect balance between brightness and contrast for realistic results
- G-Sync compatibility synchronises the GPU and panel to prevent screen lag and tear for a seamless gameplay experience
- Infinity Core Lighting Design with 5 different modes lets you add a personalised touch
- Two DisplayPort, one HDMI, and two USB 3.0 ports enable reliable and high-speed connectivity with other peripherals and media devices
- Easy Setting Box SW splits the screen so you can place windows anywhere
- Swivel, height, and tilt adjustability let you change the viewing angle based on your convenience
- Fully compatible with VESA-standard monitor arms (mounts/arms sold separately)
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- DP Cable
- USB 3.0 Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 59 reviewers who responded, 45 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Lives up to the hype- September 18, 2020
I've upgraded from a 35" 21:9 to the G9 and the difference is huge. I primarily use it for productivity and the ability to have multiple windows at once is invaluable (look into fancy zones). Colors are vibrant, 240 Hz makes everything butter smooth, and the extra real estate makes it impossible to work on smaller monitors efficiently now. There was a QC issue with the early models (June 2020 and earlier) but checking online, this seems to be resolved for any products from July 2020 and forward. My monitor was made in July 2020 and does not have any of the bezel light bleed. Also, wanted to give a shout out to the Deerfoot Meadows Best Buy in Calgary for the help with this order. They went above and beyond to make sure I was well taken care of. -- highly recommend --Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Insane curvature, huge, bright, heavy- September 30, 2020
things that are good: * most curved monitor as of right now * the curvature makes sense at this size unlike the g7 * high refresh rate for gaming (you need at least an rtx 2000 series which has dsc to get 240hz though) * good for productivity, i use it for work-from-home as a programmer and i can see 3 windows side-by-side meh things: * all the default "picture" profiles burn my eyes, have to turn the brightness down to 20-30 to see anything comfortably * can only use 60hz with my mbp 2017 bad things: * hdr sucks, only 10 dimming zones, os level hdr makes all the colors washed out * no monitor arms available to mount this thingYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Backlight bleed is still an issue- September 25, 2020
there are still panel issues with this display. i just got one and the panel is a little loose at the top and light is bleeding through. at any price that's unacceptable, but paying the premium here makes it even worse. the local dimming zones are also not great as there are only 10 of them. outside of that, the monitor seems pretty fantastic so far. if not for the messed up panel, it would easily be the best monitor i've ever used even with the poor local dimming zones. still very disappointing i don't like spending this type of money on a broken product especially when it seems pretty rampant with this sku.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.