Samsung T7 500GB USB 3.2 External Solid State Drive (MU-PC500T/AM) - Grey - En
- Solid state drive (SSD) with 500GB of storage capacity is spacious enough to store your documents, videos, music, games, photos, and other files
- PCIe NVMe technology ensures read/write speeds up to 1,050MB/s and 1,000MB/s , respectively
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 interface allows for easy connections to devices and quick data transfers
- Lightweight, pocket-sized design features a solid aluminum body and is durable enough to be carried anywhere you go
- Includes USB Type C-to-C and Type C-to-A cables for smooth connections
- Compatible with PC, Mac, Android devices, gaming consoles, and more
- Quick Start Guide
- USB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 37 reviewers who responded, 29 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Superfast, powerful all in tha palm of my hand.- July 17, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] For years I have been trying to find a solution of not having to carry around multiple or bulky memory devices. It's literally smaller than my wallet. It was a breeze to set up and now I feel so secure if I misplace. Aluminum case is sturdy and won't crack or damage from a small drop like some of my others I've purchased in the past. I was able to bring my workload home without having to lug the different devices I use there and still have my downloaded PS4 games loaded with tons more space still available. The speed loaded at the same rate from first file to file 247 I currently have loaded. I would definitely recommend and will be purchasing one for my son as well.
- Samsung Portable SSD T7 is Great- June 22, 2020
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Right out of the box, I knew this was going to be super easy to setup and use. It even comes with two cables to plug into with a standard USB to USB-C or USB-C to USB-C. All you have to do is plug it in and run the software install file that pops up. Setup even let's you encrypt the drive for privacy or you can leave it off if you wish. Deciding if you want to encrypt or not is the hardest part of setup and use. Samsung has done it again! The drive doesn't get too hot and maintains its speed without over heating because of its thermal control feature it has. The T7 is very compact and lightweight for easy transport and it won't take up too much storage space in your case.
- Slows down too much after too little- March 19, 2021
After just 22GB of SLC file transfers, the drive went from an already slow 515MB/s to a very slow 250MB/s, SLOWER THAN THE T5!! To be fair, if I was to transfer two or three files overlapping (meaning i drag the files one at a time so they transfer parallel not series), i get 775MB/s write. Not recommended. Get the SANDISK EXTREME PRO 1050MB/s SSD instead, which features the WD SN750 SSD which the throttled speed is too fast for the USB 3 gen 2 interface, and hence that drive never slows down. Or, just build your own SSD with a USB 3 gen 2 enclosure and the Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD (if you do this don’t get the 250GB version, and i frown against the 500GB version as well, i suggest 1TB if you can)No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report