Seagate BarraCuda 8TB 3.5" 5400RPM SATA Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST8000DMA04)
- Part of the BarraCuda Collection
- 3.5" drive with 8TB of hard disk space offers extensive storage for all your files and data
- Transfer rate of up to 190MB/s at speeds of 5400rpm makes all your data tasks fast and efficient
- Ideal for desktops, all-in-one PCs, entry-level direct attached storage devices (NAS), and home servers
- Hard Drive
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 31 reviewers who responded, 30 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Frankly, better than expected.- February 20, 2021
I'm going to start out by admitting that I was looking for a different brand but decided to take a chance on these because the price was a hell of a lot less. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I bought two 8 TB drives, set them up RAID in a docking station and they've been working great. I was somewhat surprised with the speed. Maybe they're not the fastest on the market,- I wouldn't know, but they're more than adequate for me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Internal 8TB HD from Seagate- April 29, 2021
Drawbacks: 1) Frequently and easily fragmented. 2) Unstable when I download files. 3) Copying files onto this HD could be as slow as 2 Mb/sec especially when I was downloading files. 4) May freeze and slow down Chrome. I returned this HD and found a good internal HD from WD. My experience for external HD is exactly opposite between WD and Seagate. WD's external 8TB HD runs too hot (i.e., >55 deg C).No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- HDD overall- January 8, 2021
Works fine so far, little bit of noise but common for a larger drive. Easy as pie to install as always. Also just for note in case anyone is new to HDD installs in PCs, you will need the SATA cable still unless your PC already has a spare.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.