Seagate Ironwolf 4TB 3.5" 5900 RPM Desktop NAS Internal Hard Drive (ST4000VNA08)
- 4TB populated hard drive offers a reliable warehouse for your favourite photo albums, movie collections, music anthologies, gaming library, and more
- Ideal storage solution for desktop and all-in-one PCs, home servers, and direct-attached storage devices
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray, which enables dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments
- 3.5-inch internal hard drive adheres to the industry standard form factor for PC-related storage
- Also features Rotational Vibration (RV) mitigation
- 4TB Seagate NAS Drive
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 42 reviewers who responded, 40 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Had major issues and I'm not sure why...- December 7, 2020
Not really sure what was up with, purchased it to use in an external docking bay for storage and I had the hardest time just trying to use it. It was very slow when connected, and often flat out crashed file explorer when I just tried to open it on multiple occasions! File explorer! Like the most basic program you can open on the computer. Then when I was able to have file explorer run, I tired to transfer some files and it would freeze during the transfer, then crash file explorer again after a few tests to figure out what was going on. I exchanged it for an SSD which performs absolutely hilariously better, it so it wasn't the docking bay I am using. Was really excited but was left disappointed.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Easy use, Fast!- April 2, 2021
Just needed to add this to the new computer I finished building to give me a good general storage for some less demanding games/work files and it is very fast from what I have used so far. I would also like to mention I went in to the store to buy it and it was cheaper then buying from another online retailer or Amazon. So all in as long as it holds I will be very happy. It also comes with a 5 year warranty so I am not going to be stressed if something happens after that time because of the price of the drive will have payed for its self by then.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Perfectly Designed for NAS - Does NOT use SMR!- July 2, 2020
If you're buying hard drives for use in a Network Attached Storage Device, you should avoid drives that use Shingled Magnetic Recording (or SMR) like the plague. Rebuilding the drive array with SMR drives can take SEVERAL DAYS instead of hours. Google "SMR drive controversy" to come up to speed. Seagate is on the record as publicly stating that none of their Ironwolf or Ironwolf Pro drives use SMR. Other manufacturer's "Red" drives use SMR technology, so you'll pay more to get Conventional Magnetic Recording in their "Plus" or "Pro" models. What's worse is that different versions of CMR or SMR drives can vary only by a single letter in the model number. These changes were hidden from the public until they were exposed in April 2020. SMR may be fine for home use, but for NAS it's a NO GO.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.