Seagate Backup Plus Hub 4TB 3.5" USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive (STEL4000100)
You've heard the story before: somebody's computer crashed and they lost all their files for good. But you never thought something like that would ever happen to you. Well, today it happened.
From the music playlists you spent endless hours compiling, to those amazing photos from your once-in-lifetime trip to Antarctica, your entire digital world has suddenly vanished, leaving you in a state of utter frustration and disbelief. Anger then turns to panic as you realize you've also lost important documents you're supposed to deliver to a client later this week.
And that's when you wake up. Thankfully, it was all just a dream; well, more of a nightmare, really. Treating it as a bad omen, you decide to take action right away. Your solution? The Seagate Backup Plus Hub desktop drive. It lets you quickly back up all your personal files so your digital life will never be in jeopardy again.
What you need to know:
- Convenient storage: With the Seagate Backup Plus Hub desktop drive, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing your entire digital world is backed up in case disaster strikes.
- 4TB capacity: The Seagate Backup Plus Hub provides a digital warehouse to store all your music, photos, videos, documents, and other important files.
- Built-in USB 3.0 hub: Two high-speed USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports allow you to connect, manage, and recharge 2 external USB devices -- like a phone or tablet -- even if your computer is in standby mode.
- PC/Mac compatibility: The Seagate Backup Plus Hub is formatted for Windows computers, but can also be used on your Mac computer by installing the provided NTFS driver for Mac.
- Complimentary Membership: Easily edit, organize, store and share your full-resolution photos from anywhere with a 2-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan*.
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub drive
- 4 ft. (1.2m) USB 3.0 cable
- Seagate Dashboard backup software (available for download)
- Power adapter
- Quick start guide
- NTFS driver for Mac (available for download)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 333 reviewers who responded, 313 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Paragon SW Does Not Work With Time Machine- December 30, 2019
This is by no means a show stopper. That info is hidden in plan view if one wants to download & read the Quick Start Guide before purchasing. For me not a problem, I just reformated the 4TB. If you are not tech savy, or don't have access to a person who is, spend a bit of extra money and purchase the version for Mac. This is my second unit, purchased one (Mac version) about 2 years ago, has worked flawlessly, have out grown it's capacity, so added another 4TB for backups. Note Windows version is black & Mac version is white. The hub is handy as I am running out of USB ports for my iPhone & iMac Mini, and other gadgets :-)
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great External Hard Drive- February 29, 2020
This is my 3rd Seagate - Backup Plus. I'm a photographer and I use this drive to save my photos, all my professional jobs and all my personal family photos. Seagate - Backup Plus drives are guaranteed 2 years, so I use it for 2 years, then buy another Seagate - Backup Plus drive to use the next 2 years. I then use the previous Seagate - Backup Plus drive as a backup of the new drive (which is not connected to the computer except to backup the new drive on a regular schedule). I have found these Seagate drives to be very durable and have had Zero problems. Yes, I do recommend these Seagate Seagate - Backup Plus drives.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not trust this product for Mac!- November 3, 2016
I bought this product three days ago to help with storage of video files to work with on my mac for an upcoming project. The night before the project was due (today), the drive crashed. I contacted Seagate and they advised the drive corrupted. They do offer (for sale even if under warranty) a recovery program for use with pc but it does not work with mac. If you want to pay more fees, you can physically send them in the device to recover data, but that is not covered by warranty even though the device is less than a week old. I trusted this device with important files. Don't make the same mistake I did.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.