Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB 3.5" USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive (STEL8000100)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
You've heard the story before: somebody's computer crashed and they lost all their files for good. But you never thought something like that would ever happen to you. Well, today it happened.
From the music playlists you spent endless hours compiling, to those amazing photos from your once-in-lifetime trip to Antarctica, your entire digital world has suddenly vanished, leaving you in a state of utter frustration and disbelief. Anger then turns to panic as you realize you've also lost important documents you're supposed to deliver to a client later this week.
And that's when you wake up. Thankfully, it was all just a dream; well, more of a nightmare, really. Treating it as a bad omen, you decide to take action right away. Your solution? The Seagate Backup Plus Hub desktop drive. It lets you quickly back up all your personal files so your digital life will never be in jeopardy again.
What you need to know:
- Convenient storage: With the Seagate Backup Plus Hub desktop drive, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing your entire digital world is backed up in case disaster strikes.
- 8TB capacity: The Seagate Backup Plus Hub provides a digital warehouse to store all your music, photos, videos, documents, and other important files.
- Built-in USB 3.0 hub: Two high-speed USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports allow you to connect, manage, and recharge 2 external USB devices -- like a phone or tablet -- even if your computer is in standby mode.
- PC/Mac compatibility: The Seagate Backup Plus Hub is formatted for Windows computers, but can also be used on your Mac computer by installing the provided NTFS driver for Mac.
- Complimentary Membership: Easily edit, organize, store and share your full-resolution photos from anywhere with a 2-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan*.
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub drive
- 4 ft. (1.2m) USB 3.0 cable
- Seagate Dashboard backup software (available for download)
- Power adapter
- Quick start guide
- NTFS driver for Mac (available for download)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 565 reviewers who responded, 531 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- DO NOT BUY - Its cheap for a reason- 25 mars 2018
I had bought two of these over a period of 1 year, and the first one had read/write errors while copying files, the second one was a complete and utter waste. Died on me on 3rd day of use (had the ticking sound). Further more for their warranty does not support data recovery or one way shipping, you have to pay for everything to utilize the warranty. They only send you a new drive. This drive also goes on SALE during various times in the year, do not buy it regardless. They have a high failure rate that's why they go on sale, no one who has dealt with Seagate product buys another. The parts are made and assembled in China and Thailand.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Excellent Value for Archival Storage- 11 septembre 2017
The Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External USB 3.0 hard drive is an outstanding value for the price, providing the lowest cost per TB of storage I've been able to find. The trade off for this is the relatively slow and power conservative 5900RPM archival drive housed in the chassis. This can become a problem is you intend on heavy usage where performance is a concern. If you want cheap storage for rarely accessed files or an inexpensive way to improve your backup situation, this is a great choice. If you want to regularly use the hard drive for directly running files, especially from multiple sources spend the extra money for a non-archival drive.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of Storage at an Affordable Price- 25 décembre 2016
I've been using Seagate external hard drives for the past few years with much success. I needed to upgrade to an 8TB drive to store video files that were housed on several different, smaller external drives. I purchased this 8TB Seagate for a great deal during a recent sale. The drive functioned perfectly out-of-the-box. My computer automatically recognized the drive without having to download any drivers or software. I've loaded over 2TB of data so far and it has not failed once. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that it's a tad slow when it kicks on from sleep mode -- most people won't really notice so it's not a major con.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.