Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB 2.5" USB 3.0 External Portable Hard Drive (STDR2000103) - Red
- Store and back up all of your valuable files with the huge 2TB capacity
- Slim design and metal casing make it easy to bring this drive along with you wherever your day takes you
- USB 3.0 provides superfast data transfer speeds that are faster than USB 2.0, while still remaining compatible with your USB 2.0 devices
- Compatible with both PC (Windows 7 or higher) and Mac (Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, just install NTFS drivers on your Mac and you’re good to go)
- Easily edit, organize, store and share your full-resolution photos from anywhere with a 2-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan*.
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim
- Portable Drive
- 18 inch USB 3.0 Cable
- Quick Start Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 230 reviewers who responded, 223 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Breaks after 1 year- April 15, 2020
I got the red one. Got it for $100 smth. Had 1-year warranty so I thought it may be a good product. I also liked the colour (i got the red one) and the appearance. But ending up having a buzzing sound after a year. I came in to ask about getting a hard-drive fixed and said it would cost me about $1000sih, with no guarantee of getting it fixed, + will take weeks. I lost all my files. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this product in particular. A lot of people are telling me to get the higher quality/more expensive one, I have not tried it myself, but perhaps do that one or get cloud storage instead of this. I'm very sad I could not access my travel pictures and videos anymore.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Works and good value- August 22, 2016
This is a replacement of a lost USB3 HDD of the same size. I checked the speed, which is respectable 120 MB/s for sequential read/write (lower than advertised up to 220 Mb/s) and goes down to ~ 1 MB/s for random small files as expected. The warranty is good (I do not have it long enough to comment on longevity) and the 2 years of cloud storage is a nice bonus that I do not need but I am happy to play with. The only shortcoming is a short and flimsy looking USB cable, which is inconvenient for layouts of my workspaces. The cable is too short for use with desktop computers and barely acceptable for use with the laptop. This is why I take off 1 star.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great Hdd- December 22, 2014
I bought this to back up all my media from my laptop, 250GB of mostly music and some photos and documents. I'm using this on a Samsung laptop with a dual core i5 2.5 Ghz pro, 6 GB ram running Win 7 Premium. Plugged into the Usb 3 port it's a great performer, backed everything up in about 2 hours. I'll be using it once a week just to keep up on changes and so far it has worked perfectly. I've always used internal Seagate hdd's with an external hdd housing I have however that is only usb 2. Since those other hdd's never failed me I stuck with Seagate and bought this one here, again it has been working perfectly. I'll be buying another for my son, Thanks!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.