Sigma 50-100mm f1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon
Available online only
AT A GLANCE
• Canon EF Mount/APS-C Format
• 80-160mm (35mm Equivalent)
• Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
• One SLD and Three FLD Elements
• One High-Refractive Index Element
• Super Multi-Layer Coating
• Hyper Sonic AF Motor
• Internal Zoom and Focus; MF Override
• Rounded 9-Blade Polycarbonate Diaphragm
• Fixed, Rotating Tripod Collar
• Pairing a versatile range of telephoto focal lengths with a fast constant maximum aperture, this 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens from Sigma is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount DSLRs, and provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range. The bright constant maximum aperture offers consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field and selective focus applications. Complementing the versatile telephoto range is a sophisticated optical design that incorporates three F Low Dispersion elements, one Special Low Dispersion element, and one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element. This combination of low dispersion designs works to noticeably reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing throughout the zoom range, as well as deliver a high degree of contrast and clarity. Additionally, a Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting to benefit working in strong lighting conditions. An unprecedented combination of focal length and speed, this 50-100mm f/1.8 lens offers a variety of favoured telephoto perspectives in combination with a flexible maximum aperture.
• Complementing the imaging capabilities is a refined physical construction with internal focus and zoom mechanisms to limit the overall length of the lens during use. A Hyper Sonic AF motor affords quick focusing speeds and quiet performance as well as the ability to manually override focus at any time for greater control. Also suiting quick shooting applications, the nine-blade diaphragm has been constructed from fluorine-coated polycarbonate, along with a carbon feather film for exceptionally smooth, controlled performance when photographing at high shooting speeds. Contrasting this, a tripod collar is integrated into the design, too, for greater stability when working atop a tripod or monopod.
• As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens' is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
• Spanning a range of short telephoto focal lengths, this 50-100mm lens is designed for Canon EF-mount APS-C-format DSLRs, where it provides an 80-160mm equivalent focal length range.
• Impressively fast f/1.8 constant maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers increased control over focus when working with selective focus techniques.
• Three F Low Dispersion elements and one Special Low Dispersion element markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing throughout the zoom range. Additionally, one high-refractive index, high-dispersion glass element controls spherical aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
• A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
• The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
• An inner zoom and inner focus design limits the overall length of the lens during operation for more intuitive, controlled handling as well as faster performance.
• The rounded nine-blade diaphragm is constructed from durable, fluorine-coated polycarbonate and also features a carbon feather film for smooth performance when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
• The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
• The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
• A fixed, rotating tripod collar offers increased stability when working from a tripod and integrates 90° click stops for intuitive switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
• This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
• Focal Length50 - 100mm
• Comparable 35mm Focal Length 80 - 160 mm
• ApertureMaximum: f/1.8
• Minimum: f/16
• Camera Mount TypeCanon EF
• Format CompatibilityAPS-C
• Angle of View31.7° - 16.2°
• Minimum Focus Distance3.12' (95 cm)
• Maximum Reproduction Ratio1:6.7
• Diaphragm Blades9, Rounded
• Tripod CollarYes Fixed - rotating
• Filter ThreadFront: 82 mm
• Dimensions (DxL)Approx. 3.68 x 6.72" (93.5 x 170.7 mm)
• Weight3.28 lb (1490 g)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
Seller offers free standard shipping on all orders above $99 for Ground Regular Shipments to all areas except for rural areas.**In the event that product is unavailable, you will be refunded within 48 business hours.
Seller does not ship to P.O. Boxes
Returns can be made within 30 days of receiving your order.
|CameraCanada||Restocking Fees / Return Eligibility|
|Headphones and Earphones (all types)||30 Days||0%||Not Returnable||Not Returnable|
|Camera & Camcorder Accessories||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Camera Lenses and Flashes||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Cameras & Camcorders (excluding Full-Frame Cameras)||14 days||0%||10%||20%|
|Drone Accessories||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Drones||30 Days||0%||Not Returnable||Not Returnable|
|Full-Frame Cameras||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Photo Film||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Sports & Recreation||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
All returned products must include original packaging.
Return shipping costs will be paid by the seller for all cases where the product is defective, damaged or incorrect. For other cases (e.g. you changed your mind), you will be responsible for this cost.
To request a return
Please contact the seller directly from your Order details page, and provide the following information:
- Web ID (8-digit number) & product description
- Number of items to be returned
- Date you recieved your product
- Condition of product
- Condition of packaging
- Reason for return
All refunds will be processed within 4 Days