Silicon Power Ace A55 256GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SP256GBSS3A55S25CA)
- 256GB internal hard drive has plenty of room for your movies and music
- Speedy transfer rate with 3D NAND flash and advanced SLC Cache technology means a faster bootup so you can get to work sooner
- SATA III interface gives you faster data transfer speeds between drives
- 2.5" internal drive has a 7mm thickness and is designed to be suitable for Ultrabooks and Ultra-slim notebooks
- Compatible with both PC and Mac
- Supports TRIM command, Garbage Collection technology, RAID, and ECC (Error Checking & Correction), giving you the optimized performance and enhanced reliability you need to finish your projects
- Built with Bad Block Management S.M.A.R.T monitoring system
- Ace A55 256GB
- User Manual (English/French)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 4 reviewers who responded, 1 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Not worth it- April 23, 2020
Bought the drive to upgrade my son's laptop - physically installed the unit, installed Windows 10, then immediately received the blue "Something went wrong" screen... wouldn't reboot after that... tried in another laptop, similar problems; tried different installation media, different OS installs, all with problems. Contacted 'tech support' and was told to try installing it again. Sent them screen shots of the errors, no further responses. Can't return it because it's past 14 days, can't get a response from SP support... Cannot recommend this brand, and will NEVER purchase another SP product.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Not worth it and not reliable.- May 12, 2019
Lasted around 6 months, then stopped booting. Silicon Power sent me another one, but that arrived DOA and they are not responding to email to help me resolve the issue. Returning it for RMA will cost more than buying another cheap brand SSD, and sending it twice, you already bought a good solid brand like Samsung or WD. You can get a Samsung for nearly the same price on sale, and the performance would be night and day. I was surprised how heavy Samsung SSD was compared to this paper light Silicon Power SSD. Not worth it and not reliable.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Horrible Product- September 7, 2018
If you want to waste 3 hours or more of your life then buy this product. The so-called "free" software requires a serial number to activate it. I tried entering all the numbers on the packaging and the drive itself to see if it would activate the product. It simply doesn't and without the software cloning the drive wont work. I have installed other SSD drives before with no problems. This one has major problems.
Not helpful (0)Report