Sony 85" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV (XBR85X950H)
Big-screen entertainment with superb resolution
- 85" 4K Ultra HD display with 3840 x 2160 native resolution lets you enjoy movies, TV shows, games, and sports in stunning clarity
- Picture Processor X1 Ultimate delivers fantastic performance with smooth, vivid visuals
- HDR compatibility with support for Dolby Vision, IMAX Enhanced, and Netflix Calibrated Mode offers an immersive cinematic experience
Realistic picture processing
- 4K X-Reality PRO technology upscales any kind of content to near-4K resolution, while Object-Based Super Resolution technology delivers natural picture quality
- 120Hz refresh rate with X-Motion Clarity technology reduces motion blur to produce fluid on-screen motion with fantastic clarity and high-definition images
- TRILUMINOS Display technology offers a wide spectrum of colours to reproduce images that seem natural and life-like
- Full Array LED combines with X-tended Dynamic Range PRO for realistic contrast and reveals fine detail in the picture
- X-Wide Angle technology ensures you get a perfect view of the TV screen from anywhere in the room
- Acoustic Multi-Audio includes discreetly side-mounted tweeters that ensure powerful home entertainment
- Ambient Optimization technology automatically adjusts picture and sound to suit your environment
Smart home entertainment hub
- Android TV operating system with Google Assistant helps you control the TV with ease
- Access to your favourite apps including YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Crave, and more allow you to stream content from all over the world (additional subscriptions may be required, sold separately)
- Google Home, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit compatibility makes this TV a smart way to get your entertainment with voice commands and more
- With Google Assistant, use your voice to search for shows, ask Google questions, control your TV and your smart home, and much more
- Apple AirPlay 2 support means you can stream video and audio to your television right from your Apple device
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Table Top Stand Separate (Assembly Required)
- AC Power Cord
- Voice Remote Control Rmf-Tx500U
- Batteries AAA (LR03)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 736 reviewers who responded, 665 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- 85" is PERFECT for a home theater- August 15, 2021
I was deciding on either a UST projector and 110" screen or this 85" TV for a dedicated theater room I was having built. The room is 228 sq ft (19 ft long and 12 ft wide). With the front row of seats 8.5 ft from the screen and the second row about 11 ft away, it's truly immersive. The screen takes up more than half the wall and has a fantastic picture. The blacks are deep without crushing shadow details with very minimal halo effect. Colors are vibrant, especially with HDR, but natural at the same time. I haven't watched 480p content yet since connecting it about a month ago, but HD and 4K content really looks great. Upscaling is handled really nicely here. I mostly only use this TV in a dark room and had to turn the brightness way down to not create eye strain. I have watched sports on it a few times with lights on in the room and it has no problems handling reflections. Also, with the 120Hz refresh rate, there's no motion blur. This TV is perfect for my use. I have it connected to a 7.2.4 Klipsch Atmos surround system, so I unfortunately can't speak of the built-in speakers. If you're in a similar situation trying to decide between a TV and projector, don't be afraid to go this route. Although a projector would allow for a larger picture, the picture quality wouldn't be as good and photos can't accurately show just how massive this screen is. It's a great solution.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Android tv from sony with all futures!- December 20, 2020
i bought this last month from USA. very Nice TV with full array led, high dynamic, natural picture....Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be great- March 15, 2021
I bought this tv a couple weeks ago and while I'm happy with my purchase as it checks off all the features I wanted..1000 nits, vibrant deep colors, smooth motion...this set suffers from one thing I wish sony would let us control, the back light tends to over power the image at times, no matter what setting you use, obviously with still images this tv can get inky black like superb black, but as soon as moving content plays as in gaming or movie watching the back light becomes aggressive, if sony can retune the back light this tv cannot be beat. But I must say in Dolby vision the back light is much more controlled, this is why I know this tv can perform better under normal circumstances and just needs to be patched with software.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressive!- December 17, 2020
This is without a doubt the best TV purchase I have made to date. I've owned different brands over the years, and the last 2 have been Sony's. We still have the 65in from two years ago, and it too has been great. My original plan for home-theater design was a projector-based system to use on our large wall. Instead I chose this model. This 85in sets the bar to a whole new level! The sheer size alone has given our viewing experience new dimensions. To achieve the color consistency and black levels across such a large surface area, coupled with a processor that provides no stutter in action movie movement is quite amazing! Set up was very easy, with the Sony/Android paired OS walking through the entire process in under 5 minutes. The eARC connection to our Sony - 7.1.2-Channel Hi-Res Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Atmos was seamless, and everything communicates very well with each other. It is a large TV, so plan accordingly with the dimensions listed in the specifications. I was going to wall-mount, but actually found the base legs work very nicely with a good console stand. The legs have provisions to route wiring and connections, so everything is hidden from view. Finally, I find I'm very deliberate searching for 4K streaming content to exploit the amazing picture quality. Our guests marvel at the size and quality during visits!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good picture, but soome quality assurance issues- July 22, 2020
Pic is great. Very natural. SOund is OK, but bass is lacking in comparison to other TVS in price range. Voice sync is perfect with apple TV, apps, and Dish box, and that is not to be glossed over, and worth the reduce bass. Now...Just got this TV a couple days ago. I opened the box to find the finish on the back to have many marks on it. Normally, the finish has a uniform horizontal pattern approximating a brushed or embossed pattern. However my TV had half inch spots in about a dozen locations on the back, where the pattern is marred. If you rub a finger over the spots, you can feel varying degrees of bump. I have attached two pictures. THe first couple of photos show what the back of the 65-inch TV looks like. I marked the photos-not the TV, for clarity. Notice the little circles throughout. The next couple of photos shows a close up of one of the sites. It looks to me that Sony manufacturing had an issue with the TV's plastic mold which left remnants of the mold on the surface and then they sanded them off. QA issue number 2. Our HDMI port 2 failed to work when first setting the TV up. I treied multiple devices, which all failed in HDMI 2, but worked in HDMI 1,and 4 (3 is HDMI ARC, so I did not try it). I tried a soft setup, soft reboots and a hard reboot reboot to no avail. Only after I did a factory reset prior to a planned trip to the TV store for a replacement, did HDMI 2 come back online. Sony, we are Sony people and have many of the products in our home. What should we do? 1. Is the cosmetic issue normal? If so, I would warn others that it is not attractive and you would not want to use the TV in a position where the back is visible. 2. Since the HDMI port 2 failed to launch first time out of the box, is it likely to falter later? Lastly, please let me know the resolution to these issues without just telling me to call cust service. I would be grateful for an easier resolution process. I can return the TV, but then the retailer takes a hit, so not sure how to proceed. Not to mention, packing and unpacking is always time consuming.