Sony Alpha a7R III Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
Geek Squad Protection PlanSee benefits
Explore new perspectives
- Spectacular 42.4MP full-frame Exmor R CMOS sensor features back illumination for high sensitivity, and no optical low-pass filter to expand your shooting potential
- Enhanced BIONZ X image processing engine with front end LSI provide a dramatic increase in system speed, as well as a 15-stop low sensitivity dynamic range
- ISO 100-32000 range is expandable to ISO 50 at the low end and ISO 102400 at the high end for wide coverage that can capture low-light scenes in impeccable detail and low noise
- Continuous shooting at up to 10 fps with accurate AF/AE tracking lets you capture decisive moments as they happen
Fast and precise AF performance
- 4D Focus provides a wide AF area covering nearly the entire frame with incredible depth, plus smooth and precise tracking of moving objects
- Eye AF automatically detects and focuses on the subject’s eye for stunning portrait shots
- 399 focal plane phase-detection AF points complement 425 contrast AF points for consistently reliable focus
- Press the AF-ON button to capture fleeting moments without having to go through the normal half-press focus sequence
- Multi-selector provides a fast, efficient way to shift focus points by pressing the up, down, left, or right button when using the Zone, Flexible Spot, or Expand Flexible Spot focus area mode
Redefining attention to detail
- Full-frame 4K movie recording with impeccable image quality at mid to high sensitivities, while a new HLG picture profile supports high-quality HDR content creation
- Full pixel readout in the Super 35 mode, without the need for pixel binning, makes it possible to condense 5K (15MP) data into stunning 4K movies
- 14-bit uncompressed RAW file digital output for smoother, more natural gradations that contribute to higher overall image quality, even when shooting in silent or continuous mode
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization achieve a 5.5-step shutter speed advantage to negate camera shake
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting precisely shifts the sensor in 1-pixel increments to capture four pixel-shifted images to capture true-to-life details, texture, and colour, with minimal moiré and colour artifacts
Your shot, your way
- High-resolution Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder has approximately 3.69 million dots for fine detail and high contrast for accurate black reproduction
- 3-inch 1440K-dot tiltable LCD touchscreen features WhiteMagic technology to ensure that LCD viewing is bright and clear even in outdoor conditions
- My Menu is a customizable interface with 30 items that can be customized for instant recall and organized in the manner that suits the way you work
- Lightweight design features a robust magnesium alloy body that's dust- and moisture-resistant so you can take it to the studio, out on the streets, or into the wild
Connect, save, and share with ease
- With Sony's PlayMemories apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos
- Wi-Fi, FTP file transfer, and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing a cinch
- Separate media slots for SD card (UHS-II compatible) and SD/MS card allow data to be simultaneously or sequentially recorded to 2 cards (Auto Switch Media), or separate cards can be assigned to save RAW and JPEG files, or stills and movies
- Super speed USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible) and Micro USB connectivity for power supply and PC tethering
Storage & Interface
- ILCE7RM3 Camera Body
- Power Cord
- Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100
- Cable Protector
- Battery Charger BC-QZ1
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB Type-C Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 354 reviewers who responded, 345 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A camera that does it all without compromise!- February 26, 2018
As someone who has gotten into photography over the last five years, this camera hits so many marks that you feel confident you will get a good shot no matter what the subject. The myriad of features is not for the beginner or someone who doesn’t want to put in the time to get to know the camera’s full potential. For those of us that want to have all the tools readily assessable, a little bit of effort in getting to know the A7R3 goes a long way. Sony does need to work on the touch screen implementation as this is the only aspect that truly lags the competition. This would make navigating a comprehensive menu system much more bearable and intuitive.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and sharp- April 24, 2020
Ok first off i want to say that i was new to sony when i purchased this. The controls were very overwhelming for me however once i got the hang of it it became easy to navigate. Also i liked how Sony allows the user to adjust their controls from built in buttons on the device. Do i think this is a great buy for the cost? No, you can definitely get the same or better image quality from canon , also having slightly larger hands than the average person the Sony was a bit difficult to hold comfortably, especially with a larger lens. However sony gives you more features and i guess that is what justifies the cost of the sony a7riiiYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is there no comprehensive manual?- December 29, 2017
I have been waiting for this camera for several years, sand I ordered it as soon as it was available to order.The camera is wonderful, and the Sony zoom 70-300 lens I bought for it is super. BUT I have devoured the manual and the help manual, and they suck big time. Setting up the camera is a nightmare, as the documentation is severely lacking.Cripplingly so. There is a multitude of adjustments and modes that are not mentioned even in passing. Many people have paid a considerable amount of money to possess the best, and if they are like me, in the dark, for all of the possibilities available. I am about to retire, and bought the camera for my travels. What gives?Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.