Sony Alpha a9 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- 24.2MP full-frame stacked CMOS sensor: Features integral memory and works with a high-speed enhanced BIONZ X image processor for cutting-edge performance.
- Incredible AF and AE tracking: 693 phase detection AF points over 93% frame coverage track objects with real-time reliability, as fast as you can follow, locked on and ready to capture crystal clear images. The fast hybrid AF system offers up to 60 calculations per second.
- 20fps blackout-free continuous shooting: Split-second perfection won't escape the remarkable continuous shooting speeds of the a9, which exceed mechanical shutter capabilities. The vibration-free electronic shutter won't generate unwanted noise or distortion, and there's no viewfinder blackout.
- Big, beautiful high resolution viewfinder: Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder offers a refresh rate up to 120fps and over 3.6 million dots of resolution.
- Touch focus screen: Tilting 3.0-type LCD touchscreen features 1440k dots of resolution and convenient touch focus.
- Solid image stabilization: 5-step, 5-axis image stabilization helps you achieve steady shots with every lens you use.
- Additional features: 4K UHD video recording at up to 30fps; Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity; dual memory card slots; 14-bit RAW format support; tough magnesium alloy body
Storage & Interface
- ILCE9/B Camera Body
- NPFZ100 Z-Series InfoLITHIUM Battery
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Accessory shoe cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 77 reviewers who responded, 75 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Total Game Changer- March 12, 2018
As a sports photographer I was extremely hesitant to make the move away from Nikon, but after 2 weeks with the Sony A9, I'm sold! Paired with the Sony GM 70-200 f/2.8, it's a total game changer for sports photography with the ability to comfortably shoot 10,000 ISO, tilt screen LCD, 20fps and a nearly silent shutter. Shooting state championships this past weekend, I was surrounded by Nikon and Canon shooters and was the only Sony there, but had lots of people asking me about it! On Saturday I shot intermittently for 12 hrs for a total of 2168 images, no grip and still had 18% battery life left on my FIRST battery at the end of the night!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocked- August 4, 2017
I'll start by saying I've been a professional wedding photographer for 17years. I've shot Nikon for the vast majority of that time.(short time with canon). I can honestly say this is the best camera system I have ever had the pleasure to shoot with. I was expecting a couple shining points to stick out to me but after shooting 6 weddings with the gear I can't find an area where I am less than thrilled. Focus system is amazing, low light..amazing. Coming from the d5 I was a bit nervous about stepping into a small frame camera but it feels great in the hand even with the 70-200 2.8. For me it was a great change and would do it again without question.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO BLACK OUT SPEED!!!- September 11, 2017
As a Sony Artisan of Imagery and adventure sport photographer, I have been waiting patiently for this camera to be released. I was in need of a faster camera... one that could shoot more frames per second. Well, Sony delivered! Not only am I blown away by the 20 frames-per-second RAW capability with almost no buffer, but the fact the camera will do this with NO shutter black out, is unbelievable!!! In other words, as you're shooting stills and looking through the viewfinder, it almost looks as though you're shooting video... a continuous image. This is of course extremely helpful for tracking fast-moving subjects.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.