Sony Alpha a9 II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Versatility and Performance
- Interchangeable lens mirrorless digital camera body provides option for attaching different types of lenses (lenses sold separately)
- 24.2 megapixel full frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor with integrated memory for amazing imaging performance with incredible speed
- 20fps blackout-free continuous shooting offers enhanced flexibility to capture moving subjects with great clarity
- 4K video recording with full-pixel readout and no pixel binning makes it possible to shoot high-quality videos
- Expandable ISO 100-51200 gives you the confidence to capture clear and detailed photos, even in low-light conditions
Improved Capabilities are User Friendly and Practical
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization offers a 5.5-step shutter speed advantage for enhanced ability to create bright and clear images
- Auto Focus and Auto Exposure tracking at 60 calculations per second allow to capture high quality images with less manual effort
- 2.95-inch Quad-VGA Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder offers bright and crisp images with 3.69-million-dots for incredible resolution
- Swivelling capability lets you adjust the position of viewfinder for convenient viewing
Seamless Connectivity Options
- Integrated Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth for quick and efficient wireless connectivity
- Use Imaging Edge Mobile app to quickly transfer files from the camera to a paired mobile device
- Two memory card slots for accommodating UHS-II media SD cards for storing more pictures
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C connector allows tethered PC remote shooting and smooth transfers of large image files
- Micro HDMI (Type D) output allow you connect your camera to a display device or TV for instant playback
Great for Outdoor Use
- Tough magnesium alloy body with dust and moisture resistant design gives you the confidence to shoot in various conditions
- Enhanced BIONZ X image processing engine delivers outstanding performance required for capturing high-quality images in settings with light variations, such as in weddings and sports
- 693 phase-detection AF points covers 93% of frame area for incredibly fast and accurate performance
Special Features for Even More Convenience
- Multi Interface Shoe with digital audio helps you connect different external accessories to the camera
- See Details and Specs for more information
Storage & Interface
- Sony Alpha 9 II (ILCE9M2/B) Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera Body
- Power Cord
- NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Battery
- Cable Protector
- BC-QZ1 Battery Charger
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB Type-C Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 28 reviewers who responded, 27 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nikon D850 and D500 to Sony A9 ii- November 20, 2020
Previous cameras Nikon D850 and D500, I love the IQ of the Nikon but wanted to try the Sony A9 ii because I enjoy wildlife and wanted silent shooting and better high ISO performance , also the AF for lower light. The A9 ii is a joy to use , the menus and customisation are excellent . The focus system is very accurate and the option of 20FPS is useful. Battery life is quite good for a mirrorless , I have set it to mainly use the EVF and turn the rear LCD off to preserve the battery power even more . The only thing I miss from my Nikon D850 is the 45mp's compared to the A9 ii 24mp . If you can fill the frame its no problem but with a lot of wildlife mainly birds they tend to require some crop .Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal camera- July 12, 2021
I have been a wedding and events photographer for around 10 years now, and I made the jump to Sony mirrorless around 2015 with the Sony A7Rii. Since then I've owned pretty much every Sony mirrorless camera, and I can safely say the Sony A9ii is the best camera I have ever used. I owned the first Sony A9 too which I loved, and wasn't too sure about the upgrade, but I am glad I did. Improvements in ergonomics, autofocus is somehow even faster and stickier, and in my opinion there is an improvement in image quality, dynamic range and high ISO performance. Coupled with my GM lenses while at a wedding or event it really is a joy to use, not to mention the confidence it gives me in knowing that I got the shot.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightning Fast- June 30, 2021
Been using it for about a month and I think it's fantastic for wildlife photography. Auto focus is lightning fast using the 70-200 f2.8 and the focus tracking is amazing. I was able to pick up dragon flies in flight and focus on them immediately. The silent shooting mode is very useful, I've been shooting Little Owls this week and although they have acute hearing they've been very close without being disturbed. The 200-600 is ok, sharp enough but a little slow, If only Sony would bring out something between this and the 600 prime which is Too expensive.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.