Sony Blu-ray Player (BDPS1700)
- Full 1080p HD resolution with DVD upscaling means you can experience top-quality high-definition movies on Blu-ray and DVD
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio treat you with remarkable HD sound
- Front USB media slot allows you to enjoy music, photos, and video
- Customisable user-friendly interface opens access to apps and other functions
- Super quick start offers enhances boot-up and loading times
Required accessories (sold separately)
- HDMI cable to connect to your TV
- Remote Control
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- Customer Registration Card Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 4860 reviewers who responded, 4531 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Simple, basic Blu-Ray player. Works great.- November 27, 2016
I was looking for a simple, inexpensive and small Blu-Ray player to hide behind my TV. This player fits the bill and works great. To my surprise, my Samsung's TV remote controls the basic functions on this Blu-Ray player as well (Play, Pause, Stop, Chapter Selection) a nice plus. The picture quality is very good (most Blu-Ray players are) and the startup times for Blu-Rays are good too. It's also quiet. The remote control is a bit small and the buttons are smaller still, but as I mentioned, my TV remote controls most of the basic functions anyway. Overall I'm very pleased with the performance and quality of this player. The price was right too.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- not reliable, but ok as a back up.- June 9, 2020
I bought this back in December 2019, as family christmas gift. we were hoping to play movies and use the youtube tv app, got excited when I saw tubitv on the screen as well. we found the playback of dvd's and blu-rays often cut out volume randomly. the you tube movies ALL stopped and went to next video before the last 10 minutes played. (you know the good part..) I played these same videos on my computer fine--no skippage or lag or volume disruption at all. the tubitv app was the same--skipped last 10-15 minutes of the program. urgh! Not happy, using my son's playstation to watch movies and got a HD cord to transfer from my computer to the tv.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- I dont know how a cheap ble-ray could be better!- July 17, 2019
My 1200.00 top line Marantz Blu-ray player has died and its going to be over 300.00 to fix it. I bought this cheap Sony to tide me over until I decide if I want to put that much money into the old Marantz. This little thing was 69.99, less 10.00 because it was on sale, less 12.00 because it was an open box, without the manual or the box, so 48.00 with full warranty! I downloaded the manual and it works great! Its not satisfying to touch, its about 2 ounces heavy and feels plasticky and cheap, but this is what I expected in a bottom of the line player from any brand. Even at 69.99 MSRP price, its fabulous, never mind 48.00 for an open box blow out!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.