Sony BRAVIA XR A90J 55" 4K UHD HDR OLED Smart Google TV (XR55A90J) - 2021
Available to ship
Exceptional video clarity
- 55" 4K Ultra HD display with 3840 x 2160 resolution gives you gorgeously clear, crisp images
- OLED screen with Cognitive Processor XR, XR Triluminos Pro, and XR OLED Contrast Pro technologies analyses human visuals and optimises contrast, colours, and peak brightness to make every scene look as stunning as possible
- XR 4K upscaling lets you enjoy all high-definition content at near-4K resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate with XR Motion Clarity means you get to watch fast-moving scenes such as sports and action movies without any motion blur
Immersive cinematic experience
- BRAVIA CORE includes a selection of high-quality movies that can be streamed to give you a unique movie-theatre like experience
- Dolby Vision, IMAX Enhanced, and Netflix Calibrated modes ensure everything you watch resembles the thrilling experience of the theatre
- Intelligent TV processing brings back lost texture and details to ensure a dramatic viewing experience
- Two 20W and two 10W speakers produce rich and deep sound to match the high-quality visuals
- Acoustic Surface Audio+ means the sound literally comes out from the screen to give you an immersive viewing experience
Digital entertainment at your fingertips
- Google TV operating system grants you access to more than 400,000 TV shows and movies from your favourite content providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, and more (note: may require subscriptions to access content)
- Built-in Google Assistant and compatibility with Amazon Alexa lets you control the functions with simple voice commands
- Supports Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream your favourite content directly from your iPhone or iPad
- Backlit remote with Bluetooth connectivity gives you comprehensive and easy control of the TV
Flexible and seamless connectivity
- Wired and Wi-Fi connectivity enables browsing, streaming your favourite shows and movies, and much more
- Bluetooth 4.2 allows you to streaming audio wirelessly and for connecting to compatible devices
- Two HDMI 2.1 ports with 4K/120fps, VRR, and ALLM provide an immersive, high-quality gaming experience (VRR will be available by future firmware update). Two remaining ports are HDMI 2.0.
- Three USB ports and a headphone jack let you connect external media, flash drives, and audio devices
Other excellent features
- Video modes include Vivid, Standard, Cinema, IMAX Enhanced, Game, Custom, and many more help optimise your visuals to the content being played
- 178-degree viewing angle makes the pictures on the screen visible from various vantage points
TV positioning options
- Included two-way multi-position stand offers a standard low-profile setting as well a raised positioning to accommodate a soundbar (soundbar sold separately)
- Compatibility with ultra-slim SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket (sold separately) lets you hang your TV on the wall like a painting
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Sony BRAVIA XR
- Table-Top Stand
- AC Power Cord
- Voice Remote Control
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 457 reviewers who responded, 424 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Worth Every Penny !- April 4, 2021
I bought this this tv 2 weeks ago and man is it good .Ima avid gamer I have both the PS5 and X Series X and I had been skeptical of HDR and gaming and I was coming from a pretty decent tv. I previously owned the TCL R625 55 and the tv had brilliant picture quality for the price but the HDR when gaming was terribly dark awashed out no matter what I did to try and calibrate it .So I decided to buy this tv after looking at numerous reviews online and man the HDR when gaming is phenomenal I’ve never seen anything like it and movies and other content look great as well .Also the sound quality from the tv alone is like no other.The speakers are actually behind the whole screen and has a built in subwoofer at the back of the tv .I’ve never heard bass from a tv like this without a dedicated sound system it honestly caught me off guard the 1st time I turned the tv on lol . I know this tv is expensive but man if you can afford it I recommend 100 percent no doubt!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Picture Award!- December 4, 2021
Love the crisp picture, intense color and center speaker coming from screen.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is an amazing TV- June 6, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Let's start with the unboxing experience: this was so easy and designed so that you don't touch the TV accidentally. You remove two white inserts and the box lifts off without needing to move the TV. The instructions make it easy to follow as you peel off layer by layer leaving you with the TV. The main thing to install is the legs and there are three positions to choose from, depending on if you have a soundbar. The TV looks and sounds great. The picture is 4K HDR and has really good viewing angles. We used to rotate our previous TV when viewing from our kitchen, but there's no need here. The TV is also incredibly thin, it's hard to tell it's even there from the side. We don't have a soundbar so have been using the TV speakers. It sounds great with some good bass coming from just the TV and sound being cast around the room. You can really just use the TV speakers if you want. The TV uses Google TV for its OS, which is my preference. I think it's the best current TV OS available. It has good recommendation, has every app we use, and saves what we watch. And for the screensaver, it shows our family photos. Overall this is an amazing TV and I see us using it for years. It's a joy to use such that I try to find excuses to watch more TV on it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal- May 24, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] The Bravia XR Master Series 4K television set is absolutely phenomenal. The image quality is so clear and the colors are so bright. I wear glasses, but this TV makes me feel like I have 20/20 vision. Pictures of the television don't do it justice, it needs to be viewed in person. This set makes all the difference when watching TV and movies, it's like an entirely new viewing experience, especially in combination with Google TV. I really feel immersed in what I'm watching. Even the remote is high-quality. The remote has a lovely brushed metal texture, buttons that light up when picked up, and other buttons that lead to the most popular streaming services. I needed help setting the television up, so I recommend two people for set up as it may be difficult for one person alone because the TV is really thin and the feet are heavy. This TV really needs to be handled with care. It's a really impressive device and I couldn't be happier. This makes relaxing after a long day of work well worth it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning picture quality!- June 17, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This is my first time having an OLED tv it uses Google TV OS which is new to me. The screen is crystal clear and bright with a beautiful picture, good viewing angles and the sound was pretty good on this tv. While gaming I noticed the difference in the colors, shaded areas and how much smoother my gaming was compared to my older tv. Dolby Vision showcased all the rich colors and pure blacks, sharpness, depth and incredible contrasts, i felt so immersed the picture was so lifelike. I love Dolby Vision, the picture quality is unbelievable after watching movies on this tv I’m not sure if I’ll need to go to theaters. The remote felt good in my hand, it’s backlit which is nice and the button placement is good. I do wish it had a sleep/timer button on the remote for quick access, but you can find that in the settings. They also included some free movies and a trial of their Bravia Core which I wasn’t expecting but an added bonus. I just wish I didn’t have to agree to all on the policy agreement, but this is by far the best tv I’ve owned.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.