Sony BRAVIA XR A90J 65" 4K UHD HDR OLED Smart Google TV (XR65A90J) - 2021
Exceptional video clarity
- 65" 4K Ultra HD display with 3840 x 2160 resolution gives you gorgeously clear, crisp images
- OLED screen with Cognitive Processor XR, XR Triluminos Pro, and XR OLED Contrast Pro technologies analyses human visuals and optimises contrast, colours, and peak brightness to make every scene look as stunning as possible
- XR 4K upscaling lets you enjoy all high-definition content at near-4K resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate with XR Motion Clarity means you get to watch fast-moving scenes such as sports and action movies without any motion blur
Immersive cinematic experience
- BRAVIA CORE includes a selection of high-quality movies that can be streamed to give you a unique movie-theatre like experience
- Dolby Vision, IMAX Enhanced, and Netflix Calibrated modes ensure everything you watch resembles the thrilling experience of the theatre
- Intelligent TV processing brings back lost texture and details to ensure a dramatic viewing experience
- Two 20W and two 10W speakers produce rich and deep sound to match the high-quality visuals
- Acoustic Surface Audio+ means the sound literally comes out from the screen to give you an immersive viewing experience
Digital entertainment at your fingertips
- Google TV operating system grants you access to more than 400,000 TV shows and movies from your favourite content providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, and more (note: may require subscriptions to access content)
- Built-in Google Assistant and compatibility with Amazon Alexa lets you control the functions with simple voice commands
- Supports Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream your favourite content directly from your iPhone or iPad
- Backlit remote with Bluetooth connectivity gives you comprehensive and easy control of the TV
Flexible and seamless connectivity
- Wired and Wi-Fi connectivity enables browsing, streaming your favourite shows and movies, and much more
- Bluetooth 4.2 allows you to streaming audio wirelessly and for connecting to compatible devices
- Two HDMI 2.1 ports with 4K/120fps, VRR, and ALLM provide an immersive, high-quality gaming experience (VRR will be available by future firmware update). Two remaining ports are HDMI 2.0.
- Three USB ports and a headphone jack let you connect external media, flash drives, and audio devices
Other excellent features
- Video modes include Vivid, Standard, Cinema, IMAX Enhanced, Game, Custom, and many more help optimise your visuals to the content being played
- 178-degree viewing angle makes the pictures on the screen visible from various vantage points
TV positioning options
- Included two-way multi-position stand offers a standard low-profile setting as well a raised positioning to accommodate a soundbar (soundbar sold separately)
- Compatibility with ultra-slim SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket (sold separately) lets you hang your TV on the wall like a painting
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Sony BRAVIA XR
- Table-Top Stand
- AC Power Cord
- Voice Remote Control
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 804 reviewers who responded, 747 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Simply the best- April 8, 2022
Outstanding picture color and brightness. I changed it to the vivid setting and the color temperature to warm to make it pop. I also increased the color to 60. The peak luminanceI I moved to medium and advanced contrast enhancer to high. The HDR tone mapping I moved to brightness preferred. The control settings are really easy to work with and you might find you my like a little different settings. The reds and gold look great some peole have reported that they did not stand out. I could not be happier with them.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- 65" Bravia XR A90J Smart TV & JBL 501 Soundbar- October 30, 2021
Excellent installation job of my 65" Sony XR A90J OLED TV & JBL 501 soundbar system by Joel. Work was timely and professional. Joel explained each step of the way while performing the install and thoroughly explained the TV and sound system function and features. Great work!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of All- December 12, 2021
Best color of any that TV I have see. Even the audio is exceptable. Should be great when I add the surround sound. Consumers Report got it totally right.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JAW DROPPING, STUNNING MASTERPIECE!- May 11, 2021
I've owned several oleds from LG and Sony and this one is by far and away the best for SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision, 4K, Cable TV, Sports, TV Shows and movies. The XR processor really improves the image, especially from subpar sources such as cable tv and low resolution content. HDR is very bright for an oled. It is 1300 in the useless vivid mode and about 825 nits out of the box according to my colorimeter and using the Calman software in the accurate "custom" mode. With a couple of tricks that are available in the forums and on youtube, I was able to reach over 900 nits without sacrificing any accuracy at all which is simply amazing! This translates to the best HDR experience ever. Yes, LEDs can get brighter but perceived brightness starts a full black which no LED can ever do. The combination of the perfect black level, class leading brightness, pixel level light control and stellar shadow detail thanks to the XR processor result in the best HDR image ever seen in a consumer television. There are a couple of cons with this tv, such as the built in youtube app does not display the proper color space in certain HDR clips. The auto color space setting gets stuck in BT709 and you have to manually go in and change it, but thankfully this is only an issue with the built in youtube app. Another issue there is a Dolby Vision mismatch with a couple of external streamers such as Roku, firestick and chromecast. However, most external streaming devices and 4k bluray players wont exhibit this issue, as apple tv, nvidia shield, Panasonic ub820 4k blu ray player all have flawless Dolby Vision with this tv. Despite these minor flaws, I am still giving this work of art 5 stars since it currently offers the best available picture quality on the mark, and furthermore, all TVs will have minor flaws or quirks here and there. There is no such thing as a perfect TV, but this is as close as anything has ever approached in my honest opinion.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AMAZING!- April 22, 2022
Ive been an Oled fan since they became available and this is the one I've been waiting for. Ive had my fair share of LG OLeds from the C6, C8, CX and also recently bought the Sony A90J (which was amazing but lacking in the gaming department) but luckily for me, Samsung released this QD Oled in my return window because this tv blows everything away. And its not even close! Hands down the best Oled on the market! The brightness ability while still keeping the perfect blacks is truly breathtaking. Its been tested to reach 1500 nits on a 10% window. Its something you just have to see and experience in person. It adds so much to the overall picture. The color volume is amazing. The screen is perfect with no banding, no dirty screen effect and great motion. What really sets the bar for me is in the gaming department. Ive never experienced such beauty in gaming. All I can can say is WOW! That brightness really is a difference maker for gaming. The specular highlight details pop off the screen. The tv has a great low input lag (same as the LG C2). And it also has a game optimizer menu (which is pretty cool). There is no Dolby Vision options which stinks but trust me when I say, you wont need it with this tv (maybe in a few years when games utilize it, I might change my mind there but for now, I could careless about it). The sound audio is pretty good for such a slim tv. It gets plenty loud. My only negative is that it only has 2 sizes (55 and 65). And maybe the Tizen Opperating system. I really liked the Sony Android/google OS and even maybe even LGs Web Os over it so far. Overall this tv should of been $1000-$2000 more being new technology. The prices they released at made every other tv expendable. Especially the new LG c2/g2 models. Huge price cuts cominf for those after this Samsung release. Im glad the bar has been raised in the Tv World. If you are in the hunt for the best tv on the market, look no further (especially if you are a gamer on top). My phone pics dont do it justice, its even better in person. Strongly recommend!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.