Sony BRAVIA XR X90J 55" 4K UHD HDR LED Smart Google TV (XR55X90J) - 2021
Big and Beautiful Screen
- 55" 4K screen provides an immersive viewing experience with 3840 x 2160 native resolution
- Google Smart TV functionality enables seamless browsing of 700,000+ movies and TV episodes (subscriptions may be required)
- Full Array LED backlighting provides excellent viewing angles and consistent brightness
- HDR colour reproduction ensures a nearly life-like picture
- XR Motion Clarity and 120Hz refresh rate keep fast-moving action blur-free for sports and action movies that truly pop
- XR Contrast Booster creates a more dynamic image with richer blacks and brighter highlights
A Picture Like You've Never Seen Before
- XR Triluminos Pro creates billions of accurate colours so every image is natural and ideally tuned to the your eyes (may require additional subscriptions; sold separately)
- XR 4K Upscaling takes HD content and makes it more detailed thanks to intelligent processing for an effect that makes all images closer to 4K no matter what
- Two positioning tweeters on the sides of the TV make for a soundstage that is easy for your eyes to pinpoint for better immersion
Smart and Easy to Use
- Google TV and Apple AirPlay let you play your favourite content easily
- Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, Apple TV, and many more apps included for nearly endless choices (subscriptions may be required)
- Google Assistant voice controls so you can relax and ask to play movies, TV shows, music, and more all with a few simple commands
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and wired internet capable, ensuring you can place this TV wherever you desire
- Two HDMI 2.1 ports with 4K/120fps, VRR, and ALLM provide an immersive, high-quality gaming experience (VRR will be available by future firmware update). Two remaining ports are HDMI 2.0.
- Ultra-Slim Wall Mount compatible design hangs this TV elegantly from the optional SU-WL85 wall mount (sold separately)
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Table-Top Stand
- AC Power Cord
- Voice Remote Control
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1537 reviewers who responded, 1411 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Terrific TV for watch 4K-HDR movies !!!!!!- February 27, 2022
Love this Tv! Got it for my bedroom solely for watching movies in 4K-HDR & Dolby Vision. I watch a lot of physical discs like Joker, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Dark Knight, Aquaman, and Tenet and it looks crisp and terrific! I did adjust some settings like the Black Levels. The TV does not have the crisp, inky blacks compared to like expensive LG OLED TVs but it’s still really good with the Dolby Vision. I also stream some movies on my Apple TV 4K 2021 and it still looks good. HDMI 3 & 4 support Dolby Vision at 120 Hz and I use them for my soundbar, Sony UBP-X700 blu-ray player , and Apple TV. Love this Tv!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the best you can, be moderate, got stim- May 2, 2021
Sony - 55" Class BRAVIA XR X90J Series LED 4K UHD Smart Google TV Model: XR55X90J SKU: 6453205 was a much better choice than my first purchase so I exchanged it in store the day before the home delivery date. Geek Squad Kelly was able to make sure the delivery and installation by Max and Ricardo would still be April 30. Sony - 55" Class BRAVIA XR X90J has so many more features than my 10 year old Samsung SmartTV also from Best Buy. Plus I purchased the Sony -UBP-X800M2 - Streaming 4K Ultra HD Hi-Res Audio Wi-Fi Built-In Blu-Ray Player - Black Model: UBPX800M2 SKU: 6336494 to compliment my new Sony TV. Got my first 4K Blu-ray movie Ex Machina Includes Digital Copy 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray 2015 SKU: 5883871 that looks great on the screen. Also for broadcast channels I got TERK - Indoor Flat Amplified HDTV Antenna - Black. The Rocketfish Full Motion Wall Mount from Best Buy tops it all off. My second entertainment home theater is now in my living room. The first with the Samsung is in my bedroom. Go Best Buy!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sony Bravia FTW!- October 2, 2021
It has been 10 years since I last purchased a TV, but after buying a PlayStation 5, it would be time to upgrade the TV. I was debating between a Samsung QLED and the Sony Bravia and I opted for the Bravia at the last minute. The Local Dimming on how it handle darks is what pulled me in as the closest thing I can get to OLED without breaking the bank. The Google TV and the streaming apps are great features, sports look great on it and it does a magnificent job on handling games on the PS5. I'm glad I went with the Bravia and I hope that this will be a part of the household for years to come!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make the move!- August 27, 2021
I've had the TV for 2 weeks and very happy with it. Worth spending the extra, I intend on keeping this for a while. I paired ir with a LG 5.1 sound bar. Great clarity and surround sound, is a must to complete and complimemt your viewing to new heights. Get the popcorn ready!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great looking TV with one small problem- April 3, 2022
I purchased a Sony X90J in March 2022 from a national electronics retailer. It was easy to set up. Had a wonderful picture. Within a couple of days I noticed what appeared to be dirt on the middle left of the screen. I wiped the TV with a clean, slightly damp microfiber towel. That seemed to do the trick. A day or two later while watching a high contrast scene in a movie the very same dirt spots reappeared. It was then, that I realized that the dirt was on the interior of the TV, not on the exterior. Fortunately, I was able to get a replacement Sony X90J at no additional cost. It's only been a couple of days, but no sign of dirt inside the TV!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.