Sony E 16-55mm f/2.8 G Lens
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Premium G Lens optical design
- Standard zoom with outstanding corner-to-corner G Lens resolution
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field
- Lightweight (494g) 16-55mm (24-82.5 mm full-frame equiv.) zoom lens
- Two (AA) Advanced Aspherical and two Aspherical elements suppress abortion
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Three Extra-low dispersion glass reduces flare and ghosting
- XD Linear Motor offers fast, precise, quiet AF, and tracking
- Nano AR coating suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Programmable focus hold button, for multiple functions
- Flourine coating on front element, dust and moisture resistant1
- Linear Response MF for precise manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via a AM/MF switch
- 13" (0.33m) min focusing distance for excellent close-up shooting performance
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Compatible with a wide range of Sony cameras; see specifications for details
- E 16-55mm F2.8 G SEL1655G Lens
- ALC-SH161 Lens Hood
- Front Cap
- ALC-R1EM E-Mount Lens Rear Cap
- Soft Case
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 32 reviewers who responded, 32 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Great lens- October 25, 2020
I have had this lens for just about a year now and it is on my a6600 most of the time. This in not a small lens, but it is a quality lens that beats every other zoom option in the system. This is essentially a 24-82mm equivalent in the full frame world. It is as sharp a lens as you can find on Sony and with the a6400 and a6500 cameras you will nail focus in almost every situation. Get this and the E 70-350 and you will have most situations covered in a small package.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect travel lens!- February 29, 2020
I used to travel with the Sigma Trio for Sony APS-C: 16mm, 30mm, 56mm F/1.4 and the quality was amazing. However, being the heavy traveler that I am (up to 6 continents this year, yes, I said continents, not countries!) I need something more travel friendly. Switching between 3 primes was just soooo annoying. This 16-55mm G lens gives me just as good as image quality and now the extra convenience. Also for travel, I found myself shooting a lot of environmental portraits at F/2.8 - F/5.6. For example if the background is too blurred (i.e. Eiffel Tower or the Egyptian pyramids) then it doesn't show the beautiful scenery. Therefore I am not missing out much on the Sigma's F/1.4 at all. Now all I need is for Sony to make a APSC super wide angle zoom version 2 (update the Sony E 10-18mm f/4 to a GM or G series!)Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall but bulky- March 7, 2020
I have this mounted on my A6600 after upgrading from the A6000 kit lens. Miles above that lens. Not as Bokeh-licious as my 35mm prime, tough to compare a prime vs a Zoom. Not as wide as my 10-18mm wide angle but again, this its specilaty. This 16-55mm is great all around lens and tack sharp with the AF-C option on the Alpha series. I use it to photograph travel and my kid and its perfect for that. Its that perfect middle ground between a Prime and Wide-Angle.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.