Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE 70-200mm f/2.8 OSS Premium G Master Telephoto Zoom Lens
Optimised shooting experience
- Telephoto lens allows you to capture vivid, detailed images from a distance
- Compatible with Sony APC-C and full-frame E-mount mirrorless ILC cameras
- 70mm to 200mm zoom focal length is versatile enough to capture a wide range of shots in varied depths and dimensions
- f/2.8 maximum aperture delivers sharp, detailed images with a shallow depth of field and a soft-blurred background
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilisation captures smooth images, even at full zoom or while the subject is moving
- Switchable Mode 2 stabilisation lets you use image stabilisation with panned shots to deliver clear, blur-free images
Take your photography to the next level
- Advanced double-linear actuator for the rear and ring SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) actuator for the front offer the precision and power required to deliver premium images and footage
- Floating focus mechanism reduces distortion and aberration limits for close-up performance
Precise focus, outstanding versatility
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.96m (3.15ft.) and magnification up to 0.25x are perfect for capturing telephoto macro, portraits, and more
- Circular aperture with 11 blades creates a pleasant bokeh
- Fast autofocus is optimised for both images and videos
Stunning details with every shot
- Four ED and two Super ED glass elements supress chromatic aberration to deliver maximum resolution and true-to-life colours at varied focal lengths
- ED glass elements and a floating focus mechanism control aberrations in close-up shots
- Three aspherical elements that include one double-sided and one newly developed XA (extreme aspherical) element with 0.01-micron surface precision, to control aberration and produce striking bokeh
Enhanced image quality
- Improved positioning precision allows the AF system to operate at maximum capacity
- Advanced nano AR coating technology minimises reflection to prevent ghosting and blur, and improve the overall clarity of images
- Improved positioning precision and multiple position sensors offer real-time feedback to ensure the body's AF system works at full capacity
Smooth and versatile operation
- Optical design reduces focus breathing and ensures quiet mechanical operation
- Focus hold buttons hold the focus point during continuous AF operation
- Focus range limiter switch lets you adjust the lens focus to a wide range of distance
- Accommodates 77mm-diameter filters for optimised shooting
Even more features
- Revolving mechanism lets you switch between portrait and landscape mode easily
- Lock prevents accidental detachment of the camera from the tripod
- Dust and moisture-resistant design with fluorine front-element coating provides extra protection, making it safe for use in harsh outdoor weather
- Removable rotating tripod mount lets you quickly remove the camera from the tripod when you need to get handheld shots
- SEL70200GM Lens
- Hood (ALC-SH145)
- Lens Front Cap (ALC-F77S)
- Lens Rear Cap (ALC-R1EM)
- Tripod Mount
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 200 reviewers who responded, 198 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent optics- February 28, 2018
I bought this lens to go with 16-35 and 24-70 GM lenses and specifically wanted excellent optical quality on an A7Riii and it doesn't disappoint. I also wanted excellent autofocus. I haven't had a chance to test this fully yet but it looks promising so far. The only matter that has put me off slightly was a LensRentals strip down of the lens that shows a comparatively soft metal joining ring at the centre of the lens construction and I imagined the lens splitting in half! I waited three months to see whether any reports of this happening before buying and there don't appear to be any such reports, so went ahead with the purchase.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey lens, but ultimately very worth it!- August 30, 2019
I did a lot of research on this lens before I made the purchase. It was definitely an expensive lens, and luckily I had quite a few rewards dollars to use, but even if I didn't, I feel like this lens would have been worth every penny. I shot my first high school football game last week, and the pictures were absolutely phenomenal. Paired up with the Sony A7iii, I couldn't believe how quick the pictures took and how crisp and clear they turned out. I was deciding between this and the 700-200mm f/4, and I am very glad I paid a little extra for this lens. Love it and would definitely recommend it if you can look past the price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharp Crisp Fast- April 4, 2020
Very expensive but it’s a super nice lens! I was totally amazed at how sharp my pictures are. This lens is awesome for sports, I’ve shot basketball games and have had some great shots. It’s very fast and this will help get that action shot. It’s not my go to for landscape shooting but I recommend it for everything else. Great bokeh for portraits. 2.8 all the way through is sweet. If you are considering anything else because of price, hold off a little longer and save up for this bad boy. Wife had a heart attack when she found out what I spent but she understood after she seen the shots of the kids.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns