Sony FE 35mm f/1.8 Lens
Offers portable, versatile functionality
- Fixed focal length prime lens with a 52.5mm equivalent focal length is ideal for street photographs, portraits, close-up photography, and more
- f/.8 maximum aperture allows this lens to excel in low-light conditions, making your night scenes sharp and clear
- 0.24x maximum magnification lets you get as close as an 8.66" focus distance
Delivers superb optics
- Aspherical element is strategically implemented in this lens's design to suppress optical aberration and achieve high resolution that extends all the way to the periphery of your image
- 9-blade circular aperture mechanism enables a smooth bokeh for beautiful, natural-looking highlights
Keeps your focus
- Linear-motor AF drive system delivers fast, precise, and quiet autofocus operation for both still shots and videos
- Direct AF/MF switch enables instant switching between auto and manual focus
- Focus hold button offers easy focus hold control, and can also be assigned to a variety of other functions
Travels everywhere you go
- Compact lens weighs only 280g, making it the perfect everyday lens to bring with you everywhere
- Dust and moisture-resistant design offers incredible reliability even in the most challenging shooting environments
- Durable metal mount is compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras (sold separately)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 50 reviewers who responded, 50 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Perfect and Portable- September 2, 2020
Before, I had the Sigma 35mm F1.4 for E-Mount. Although I loved that lens, it was very heavy and bulky for walking around town or taking to events. Decided I don't need the wider aperture for 95% of the stuff I'm taking. Sony did absolutely wonderful on this lens. It's very sharp and fast while being very compact and portable. 35mm is my most used focal length, and I love being able to use this lens without getting tired.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lens with a dreamy feel. What a value!- January 22, 2021
Looking to fill the 35mm gap in my prime lineup, I contemplated the 35mm 1.4 GM at twice the price but figured at half the price I could test the 1.8 out to see if I liked the size before shelling out so much dough. After a few hundred landscape and portrait shots with this lens, I can't find any reason to upgrade. I love this lens, especially shooting in low light situations.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very sharp. Fast focusing. Light weight.- September 24, 2019
I use the prime lens on my A7Riii. It is fast, light and it is just what I was hoping it to be. I was suprised at how sharp it is. It’s sharper then 55mm F/1.8 Ziess. Great ultra fast and quiet lens offered by Sony. F/1.8 works extremely great in low light condition. Lightweight and well balanced on my A7Riii.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.