Sony FE-Mount 24-70mm f/4 OSS Lens - Open Box
Available online only
Close for comfort
- Offering an impressive 24-70mm (36-105mm on an APS-C sensor) focal length, this lens gives you a great range for landscapes and everyday photos of your kids. Plus with a minimum focusing distance of 0.4m you can get nice and close to your subject for great close-ups and portraits.
- This midrange zoom lens delivers a constant f/4 maximum aperture making it ideal for low light situations and even night shots. And with the 24mm wide angle you can get an amazing shot of the Eiffel Tower at night with the whole tower in the frame. Or at 70mm maximum zoom you can easily get in close on your daughter blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
Keep your focus
- Photographing children can be tricky. They're not necessarily ones to stay put. So when you need to move your camera to follow your daughter's breakaway or quickly track your son diving into a swimming pool, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether it's your daughter streaking down the wing to put a precision pass into the box or a monkey leaping from branch to branch in the treetops, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 7-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/4 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a shallow depth of field.
- The Carl Zeiss T-Star (T*) coating virtually eliminates lens flare, internal reflection, and light scattering. So your photographs of the Noon Day Gun at Causeway Bay on a bright, sunny Hong Kong afternoon come out with high contrast and high resolution.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- Mother Nature isn't always kind to you when you're out and about. Thankfully, the lens exterior features dust- and moisture-resistant seals. So whether you're trying to get that perfect shot of the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island, Hong Kong, as a storm rolls in or you're taking shelter from a wind storm at the Stanley Market you have peace of mind that your lens is protected in tough environmental conditions.
All certified Open Box devices are Geek Squad Tested and Agent approved so you can make your purchase with peace of mind.
What does Geek Squad Certified Open Box mean?
Before any customer returned unit can receive Open Box certification it must pass through our industry leading Geek Squad processing facility. While on site every unit is subjected to extensive testing, cleaned of all purchase specific information, and returned to its factory settings. Once a unit meets our performance standards, we put our “Geek Squad Certified” label on it and make it available to you for purchase.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.