Sony HT-X8500 2.1 Channel Dolby Atmos Sound Bar
- 2.1-channel design upscales all sound close to 7.1.2-channel audio
- Vertical Surround Engine technology lets you enjoy the thrill of the latest cinema audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Built-in dual subwoofers deliver a deep, rich bass
- Integrated Bluetooth 3 connectivity wirelessly pairs with your TV, as well as your smartphone or tablet for streaming music
- 4K HDR passthrough-enabled for the ultimate in high-quality audio
- Voice enhancement produces clearer dialogue, so you won't miss a single word
- Single-cable HDMI eARC provides a superior connection to your TV
- HDMI and optical inputs allow you to integrate the components from you AV system
- Use the 7 different sound modes to enhance your entertainment experience
- Slender, low-profile silhouette perfectly complements your home entertainment area
Required accessories (sold separately)
- HDMI or optical digital cable, depending on how you're connecting the sound bar to the TV
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 125 reviewers who responded, 107 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A soundbar for you- December 12, 2020
A wonderful sound experience. The built in subwoofers make it compact, while still providing quality sound. While it does not come with the hardware to mount to the wall, it comes with a paper tool providing guidelines for mounting with ease. The remote control is easy to use and features different sound settings. The only setback I had was that because I have a slighter older TV, I had to go and purchase an optical audio output cable and the Dolby ATMOS feature is not supported with my TV. Just something to keep in mind Overall it boasts great sound, sleek look and design and all for a reasonable price :)Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- X8500 Soundbar- November 19, 2020
We are very pleased with our purchase overall. However, there were conflicting connection instructions which was frustrating to say the least The printed leaflet supplied in the box said to connect my existing Sony DVD Player X500 to the Soundbar HDMI slot which caused the speaker to crackle. However,Sony Support on 020 7365 2810 advised me to connect it directly to my AG8 OLED TV and it now works fine. I wish the colour of the Sounbar was Black rather than Grey so that it matches my AG8 TV I have it connected to. The lights on top are difficult to understand and remember, it would be so much better to have a small digital display on the front.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best all-in-one soundbar on the market!- September 17, 2019
I bought this soundbar about a month ago now and have been loving it ever since! I specifically got it as I wanted an upgrade over my old compact one with a soundbar that had more features (e.g. Dolby Atmos) and crucially, had full 4K HDR pass-through. This one ticked all the boxes, so I decided to buy it and I'm very glad I did. It has very pronounced & detailed bass (a suprise considering) and overall, great/clear sound quality that's a joy to experience. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a great, fully featured, soundbar but is short on space and wants the benefits of an all-in-one unit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.