Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens Kit
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
One fine shot, one captivating story
- The 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor brings out the beauty in even the simplest things. It delivers incredible detail and low noise, so you can capture not only the fine texture of a butterfly's wings as it rests gracefully on a nearby shrub but also the veined surface of the leaf it's sitting on.
- The APS-C sensor size, the same sensor format found in Sony's full-sized Alpha DSLR camera lines, combines high resolution and sensitivity in a body half the size and weight of standard DSLRs. Now stopping to rest during a hike opens up a world of possibility, with a camera that gives you the flexibility to endow simple moments with your own artistic flair.
- Bionz X processor works seamlessly with the sensor to produce crisp still images with area-specific noise reduction, true colour rendering, and detail reproduction. Infuse your butterfly photo with a sense of vibrant realism, and capture what your eye perceives, highlighting the subtle beauty of the delicate, brightly patterned scales.
- High-sensitivity ISO 100-25600 limits the noise in the picture for superb clarity in dim situations. Bring to light the lush variety of flora and fauna often hidden in the forest undergrowth, and when you need it, pop up the built-in flash to give your subject the "sharp" attention it deserves.
- The included 16-50mm E-mount retractable Power Zoom lens is small and compact, barely protruding from the front of your camera so you can still slide your a6000 in your jacket pocket with the lens attached. It features ED and aspherical elements for reliably sharp and detailed images well suited to everyday shooting
Capture the energy behind your moving shots
- Capture the perfect moment thanks to rapid 11fps (frames per second) continuous shooting with AF (auto focus) tracking. And with enhanced Lock-on AF tracking you can keep moving subjects in sharp focus, meaning the rapid scurrying of a squirrel with your friend's stolen bag of trail mix is caught with superb clarity and detail.
- The a6000 employs 4D FOCUS that uses a wide AF (autofocus) area with 179 phase-detection AF points for accurate focusing throughout the frame, Fast Hybrid AF (phase detection and contrast detection) that accurately measures the distance to the subject by locking on to it in as little as 0.06 second, and an advanced AF algorithm that predicts the subject's movement for quick, precise AF tracking.
- Record Full HD 1080p videos1 in slower 24p frames per second for a traditional, cinematic effect, or catch your buddy's impressive back flip off a rocky boulder in fast 60p.
- AVCHD codec lets you record beautiful Blu-ray picture quality, while the computer-friendly MP4 codec makes it easy to compress your files and upload to the web. This way you can fully appreciate your recording finesse displayed in Blu-ray quality on a monitor or big-screen TV, or post directly on Facebook for instant updates to your social network.
Easy to handle
- High-contrast Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder lets you view your landscape shot in rich detail. Preview your recordings, including the effects of camera settings, so you can tweak exposure, colour, and focus before taking the picture.
- Tiltable 3-inch 921K-dot LCD screen flips up about 90 degrees and down 45 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. Dare to stand on the cliff's edge and photograph the plunging depths below.
- The a6000 sports a small, lightweight design while offering immediate access to functions you need to shoot like a pro, including full manual control and 7 customizable buttons. Quickly choose shooting modes and camera settings with a rear-mounted control wheel and 2 top dials.
- Equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe, the a6000 lets you take advantage of a range of accessories, such as video lights and shotgun microphones (not included). These accessories help you create more professional-looking videos.
Share your highlights
- With Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos. Post those thrilling shots of your multi-day hike directly on Facebook, given you can find a Wi-Fi connection in the wild.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing easy. The PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 360 stills on a single charge, while the innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
1This is a digital still camera and although it is capable of high quality video recording, it is limited to approximately 29 minutes of continuous recording and approximately 20 minutes of continuous recording for 4K movies, which may be further limited by temperature factors
Storage & Interface
- AC-UB10 AC Charger (In-Camera Charging Via USB)
- SELP1650 Lens
- Lens Cap
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50)
- Shoulder Strap
- D107 Micro USB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 6396 reviewers who responded, 6196 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A step above- January 18, 2018
I have owned many types of cameras and I am very happy with the photos I an getting with this camera I can say the kit lens is ok and would be great for starting out. But would say a prim lens would be much better and looking forward to getting the 1.8 50mm. I have two poodles and they love to play I can get all the high speed photos. Don't take the cheap price for a cheap camera. Also look at a few you tube videos of the pics you can get with this camera. Jason Lanier with truly show you what this camera can do and once I get my lighting I will be set for my business. Thanks to Sony for making. Camera that you don't need to remove your nose.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super quality camera and lenses.- October 21, 2017
The Alpha 6000 is a great quality camera and lenses (2) that are easy of a relative novice to use, but also has a real variety of settings including capacity to set f stop, shutter speed and many other options for great effects and pinpointing subjects and scenes in a variety of ways. My only complaint so far is that the autofocus is slow and somewhat inaccurate in low light. I haven't found a "fix" or workaround to the problem, but it seems to be intermittent, and can be partially overcome through patience and waiting for the image to focus. Also the battery life is relatively short, so advise packing a second battery when you go on a shoot..Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sony A6000- March 7, 2021
I just parted ways with my Canon T2i which was my main camera for over 10 years. A friend of mine who used to own a camera store for years recommended the Sony Alpha a6000. I was skeptical of how well he said the camera performs. Well he was right. The camera is so light and pretty easy to use once you spend a little time with it. The images are gorgeous, the black and white mode is outstanding. The video is close to professional quality. The low light sensors are outstanding. You do not really even need a flash. I have shot many bands, weddings and other events and this is the camera to own. You do need to study the manual a bit. . Just greatYes, I would recommend this to a friend.