Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens Kit
One fine shot, one captivating story
- The 24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor brings out the beauty in even the simplest things. It delivers incredible detail and low noise, so you can capture not only the fine texture of a butterfly's wings as it rests gracefully on a nearby shrub but also the veined surface of the leaf it's sitting on.
- The APS-C sensor size, the same sensor format found in Sony's full-sized Alpha DSLR camera lines, combines high resolution and sensitivity in a body half the size and weight of standard DSLRs. Now stopping to rest during a hike opens up a world of possibility, with a camera that gives you the flexibility to endow simple moments with your own artistic flair.
- Bionz X processor works seamlessly with the sensor to produce crisp still images with area-specific noise reduction, true colour rendering, and detail reproduction. Infuse your butterfly photo with a sense of vibrant realism, and capture what your eye perceives, highlighting the subtle beauty of the delicate, brightly patterned scales.
- High-sensitivity ISO 100-25600 limits the noise in the picture for superb clarity in dim situations. Bring to light the lush variety of flora and fauna often hidden in the forest undergrowth, and when you need it, pop up the built-in flash to give your subject the "sharp" attention it deserves.
- The included 16-50mm E-mount retractable Power Zoom lens is small and compact, barely protruding from the front of your camera so you can still slide your a6000 in your jacket pocket with the lens attached. It features ED and aspherical elements for reliably sharp and detailed images well suited to everyday shooting
Capture the energy behind your moving shots
- Capture the perfect moment thanks to rapid 11fps (frames per second) continuous shooting with AF (auto focus) tracking. And with enhanced Lock-on AF tracking you can keep moving subjects in sharp focus, meaning the rapid scurrying of a squirrel with your friend's stolen bag of trail mix is caught with superb clarity and detail.
- The a6000 employs 4D FOCUS that uses a wide AF (autofocus) area with 179 phase-detection AF points for accurate focusing throughout the frame, Fast Hybrid AF (phase detection and contrast detection) that accurately measures the distance to the subject by locking on to it in as little as 0.06 second, and an advanced AF algorithm that predicts the subject's movement for quick, precise AF tracking.
- Record Full HD 1080p videos1 in slower 24p frames per second for a traditional, cinematic effect, or catch your buddy's impressive back flip off a rocky boulder in fast 60p.
- AVCHD codec lets you record beautiful Blu-ray picture quality, while the computer-friendly MP4 codec makes it easy to compress your files and upload to the web. This way you can fully appreciate your recording finesse displayed in Blu-ray quality on a monitor or big-screen TV, or post directly on Facebook for instant updates to your social network.
Easy to handle
- High-contrast Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder lets you view your landscape shot in rich detail. Preview your recordings, including the effects of camera settings, so you can tweak exposure, colour, and focus before taking the picture.
- Tiltable 3-inch 921K-dot LCD screen flips up about 90 degrees and down 45 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. Dare to stand on the cliff's edge and photograph the plunging depths below.
- The a6000 sports a small, lightweight design while offering immediate access to functions you need to shoot like a pro, including full manual control and 7 customizable buttons. Quickly choose shooting modes and camera settings with a rear-mounted control wheel and 2 top dials.
- Equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe, the a6000 lets you take advantage of a range of accessories, such as video lights and shotgun microphones (not included). These accessories help you create more professional-looking videos.
Share your highlights
- With Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos. Post those thrilling shots of your multi-day hike directly on Facebook, given you can find a Wi-Fi connection in the wild.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing easy. The PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 360 stills on a single charge, while the innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
1This is a digital still camera and although it is capable of high quality video recording, it is limited to approximately 29 minutes of continuous recording and approximately 20 minutes of continuous recording for 4K movies, which may be further limited by temperature factors
Storage & Interface
- AC-UB10 AC Charger (In-Camera Charging Via USB)
- SELP1650 Lens
- Lens Cap
- Rechargeable Battery (NP-FW50)
- Shoulder Strap
- D107 Micro USB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 7790 reviewers who responded, 7527 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent Camera- March 16, 2021
Great Camera, OK lenses. The camera took a little getting used too since I have full frame NIKON that is heavier then a brick, which I hated lugging around. This one is a feather weight and does what I want albeit the sensor is smaller then a full frame, the image quality is excellent. I'd buy it again, minus the kit lenses which I replaced the shorter zoom with Sony's Carl Zeiss, Varo-Tessar E 4/16-70 ZA OSS, which works with a full frame mirrorless camera E mount, with the added benefits of it being lightweight and does not need coverage out to the edge of the lens (smaller CCD then a full frame) thus the edge sharpness is very good.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great versalite little camera- April 22, 2016
I bought this camera several months ago. Traveled around the world and have the camera with me most of the time. I am using mostly adapted old manual lenses. For the price - it delivers. A lot. WE have the flexibility to use it with almost any old manual lens. I am impressed, happy and will continue to use it as a back up camera (I bought Sony A7RII now) the only flaw is the my camera is not working with another flash unit. I tried several flashes, including Nissin I40 - all this flashes worked on another Sony A6000, so I guess my camera has some fault. I sent the camera for a warranty repair service a few days ago and hope it will be fixed...Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm So Mad At Sony- November 9, 2019
I had a Sony a6000, and it was the best camera experience of my life. I just wish I would have investigated the cost of the lenses before purchasing, however. I ended up selling my camera because the kit lens was just not very good - it developed a healthy fisheye distortion - and I couldn't afford to upgrade. Now I am packing a Nikon d3200, and taking pretty pics - but, it's not a Sony a6000. I'm sad, and mad at Sony for being so darn expensive and elitist. I feel robbed of a fun premium photography experience because I can't pay their price. Waaaaa!!!!!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great camera!- September 5, 2016
I bought this camera as an upgrade to replace my Sony DSC RX-100 and am very pleased with the results. I also invested in the 55-210 lens as I needed something with a good zoom and this camera does just what I want. It is very easy to operate and the light sensor makes it ideal for low light conditions. It is also very compact and isn't bulky even with the zoom lens. I have taken some landscape and animal portrait shots and have been pleased with the results - I'm still learning and am sure I will continue to improve.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game changer- April 22, 2015
I have been an avid DSLR user for 20 years, I recently bought the Sony A6000 camera for use in a holiday of a lifetime to New York city with my wife and family. I did not want to carry around my large SLR and lenses. I wanted to have a quality camera with the capabilities of my DSLR to indulge my hobby for photography, but also versatile to capture those precious spontaneous moments.. The Sony A6000 has blown me a way with its capability and versatility and has ensured I have many happy memories. I have bought many camera bodies, lens etc over the years and I am now a complete convert. Well done Sony, fabulous camera.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns