Sony Alpha a7 II Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with FE 28-70mm Lens Kit
Full-frame advantage, BIONZ X performance
- Equipped with a 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor, the a7 II captures stunning images with a wide dynamic range and true-to-life colour reproduction in 24.3MP resolution. Play back and admire the lifelike, vibrant colours of the wildflowers in your garden, output in brilliant 4K resolution on your compatible TV.
- The BIONZ X image processing engine faithfully reproduces textures as seen by the naked eye for more realistic images with precise detail and richer tonal gradations. You won't just capture the myriad of eyes and fangs of a spider hanging in your garden, but also the droplets of dew suspended in its web.
- Featuring a native ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 25600, the Exmor sensor and BIONZ X combine to deliver incredibly detailed images with exceptional clarity, texture, and low noise when shooting in low light at mid to high ISO ranges. Easily capture all of the splendor of your lantern-lit backyard in sharp detail.
Focused and stable
- Built-in 5-axis image stabilization compensates for 5 types of commonly experienced camera shake, including pitch at yaw at long focal lengths, horizontal and vertical shift at high magnification, and roll during long exposure. Shoot everything from once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday situations, worry-free.
- Capture decisive moments and fast-moving subjects with 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting. Thanks to a predictive algorithm that expertly tracks your subject's movements, the a7 II delivers sharp, well-exposed images shot continuously.
- Enhanced Lock-on AF tracking keeps moving subjects in sharp focus, so capturing the erratic flying of a hummingbird dancing through your garden is smooth and stable.
- Fast Hybrid AF system delivers a much wider coverage area using 117-point phase-detection autofocus and 25-point contrast-detection autofocus. Phase detection sensors help focus on the playful raccoon bounding across your yard, as well as his off-centre companion in hot pursuit.
Capture and record like a pro
- The a7 II records in XAVC S format, ensuring you get maximum clarity and detail. XAVC S records at 50Mbps for Full HD 1080p (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p) footage. It also uses linear PCM sound recording for high-quality audio.
- Dual video recording allows you to simultaneously record an XAVC S and an MP4 movie, or an AVCHD and an MP4 movie.
- The a7 II supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format, making the most of the full-frame sensor's wide dynamic range and ensuring maximum quality of tonal gradation.
Frame the shot the way you want
- High-contrast XGA OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder lets you view your surroundings in rich detail. Preview your recordings, including the effects of camera settings, so you can tweak exposure, colour, and focus before taking the picture.
- Tiltable 3-inch 1229K-dot LCD screen flips up about 107 degrees and down 41 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. Dare to stand on the cliff's edge and photograph the plunging depths below.
- WhiteMagic technology makes it easy to see the LCD screen under direct sunlight. WhiteMagic almost doubles the brightness of the display for at-a-glance reviewing of focus and image details.
- Shoot like a pro thanks to instant access to the features you need to shoot on the fly, including full manual control and 10 customizable buttons that allow you to assign 1 of 56 functions to any of those buttons. Quickly choose shooting modes and camera settings with a rear-mounted control wheel and top scroll wheel.
- The a7 II sports advanced shooting features, such as a zebra assist and focus peaking. Zebra assist mode allows you to see what areas in your frame are overexposed, while focus peaking lets you see what areas of the frame are in focus. The a7 II also has 13 creative filters, auto HDR, and more, allowing you to add unique flair to your images.
- Equipped with a Multi Interface Shoe, the a7 II lets you take advantage of a range of accessories, such as video lights and shotgun microphones (not included) to help you create more professional-looking videos.
- Compact, lightweight design, features a robust magnesium alloy body and lens mount that's dust and moisture resistant. Get peace of mind that your gear will survive if the weather becomes unfriendly.
- An anti-dust system and anti-static coating ensure that dry or moist particles that could get in when you're swapping lenses won't stick to the optical filter, keeping your photos blemish free.
- A beefy pistol grip and repositioned shutter button ensure a secure natural hold on the camera. Enjoy comfortable handheld shooting with less camera shake, even with a large lens.
Share your highlights
- With Sony's PlayMemories Camera Apps, you can find apps that'll let you control and view your camera from a Wi-Fi-enabled smartphone, as well as share and save photos. Post those thrilling shots of your multi-day hike directly on Facebook, given you can find a Wi-Fi connection in the wild.
- Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity make wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing easy. The PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 350 stills on a single charge, while the innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
- The included FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens is designed for use with full-frame sensors, offering exceptional optical performance with the a7 II.
- This compact, lightweight lens features ED and aspherical elements for reliably sharp and detailed images well suited to everyday shooting.
- The 28-70mm focal range offers many commonly used focal lengths all in one lens. The built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps reduce motion blur when shooting handheld.
Storage & Interface
- ILCE7M2 Camera Body
- 28-70mm Lens
- AC Adapter
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- Micro USB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 736 reviewers who responded, 705 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Update on my first review.- June 19, 2017
The gist of my negative comment was the non-standard way Sony set up to transfer photos from the A7ii camera to my computer. After post the review on the Sony Community board someone suggested I download and install Play Memories. I did so and the menu options allowed me to use this program to Move the photos to a directory of choice and Delete the images in the camera at the same time. This new procedure makes it just as easy as the other cameras I still use and raises my opinion of the camera. I still have a negative opinion on the Metadata tags not using the common name of the camera. After all, ILCE-7M2 is not as impressive as Sony A7ii.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was love at first shot- August 4, 2015
I recently upgraded from a Canon Rebel to a Sony A7ii and it was the greatest decision to step up my photography game. The colors captured from this full frame sensor are superb, it is extremely quiet and the kit lens is decent yet lacks sharpness in certain areas as most kit lens typically do. If you get the Sony a7ii, get the 35mm or 55mm FE prime lens. They are much sharper and more enjoyable to play around with. The 5-axis image stabilization helps with freelancing, but I still recommend investing in a manfrotto tripod. I wouldn't recommend this camera to beginners, because it does require time and practice to use it properly.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding images, ergnomic changes would be nice- December 8, 2018
Coming from a Canon background, I was nervous about moving over to Sony. I am happy to say I have no regrets. The image quality is amazing. Even with the kit lens, the images are sharp. With OSS and really well controlled noise at high ISOs, having a super fast lens is not an absolute necessity. That said, I also purchased the Zeiss 55mm f1.8 and love it. Yes, the battery does not last very long. I ordered an extra battery and charger (Sony brand, which was expensive). The ergonomics and interface of the camera are nowhere near as good as my old Canon 7d, but the size/weight/image quality tradeoffs are well worth it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.