Sony Action Cam HDR-AS50 Waterproof HD Flash Memory Camcorder - Black
Model Number: HDRAS50/B
Web Code: 10409268
Live life to the fullest and record every moment with the Sony HDRAS50 Action Cam POV camera. The included waterproof housing lets you take it just about anywhere. And with an Exmor R CMOS sensor, BIONZ X processor, and Zeiss Tessar f/2.8 lens you can shoot in almost any lighting conditions. It has built-in Wi-Fi for easy sharing on social media.
1 Special Offer Available
Sold and shipped by Best Buy
Reserve & Pick Up
This product is currently unavailable for Reserve & Pick Up at nearby stores.
Astoundingly sharp, detailed images
- An 11.1MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor and powerful BIONZ X processor capture Full HD 1080p (60fps) footage even in low-lit conditions. Capture the murky underworld of your spelunking adventures, as you walk through caverns and crawl through narrow passageways lit only by your headlamp.
- A premium ZEISS Tessar f/2.8 lens with a wide-angle field of view offers an immersive feel to your movies, incorporating as much as possible into the frame so you can fully appreciate the surrounding scenery you may have missed the first time around.
- Planning to strap the camera on a remote control aircraft? No problem. SteadyShot stabilization technology compensates for vibrations that cause motion blur, so your videos look smooth and sharp.
Built for the adventure junkie
- Give in to temptation, and strap on your snorkelling gear. With the included underwater housing, the camera can submerge to 60m (197 ft.) so you can get a clearer view of the glimmering coral reefs below. The housing is also dustproof and shockproof and lets you use all of the camera's buttons through the case.
- A built-in stereo mic with noise reduction boosts the level of realism in your video footage. A bird's eye view of the world whipping past you while wingsuit flying is one thing. Inject elated screams (or panicked shrieks) in the background, and you've got yourself the makings of a viral video.
- Loop recording at 5, 20, 60, and 120 minutes, or unlimited so you can preserve not-to-be-missed moments without running out of space on your memory card. Continue recording seamlessly without overwriting previously recorded material.
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth make it a snap to wirelessly send photos and videos over to your mobile devices so you can quickly upload your digital creations on social media. With the PlayMemories Mobile app you can effortlessly control the camera with your compatible smartphone.
- Satisfy avid "fans" clamouring for more of your hair-raising videos on their feeds. The Highlight Movie Maker function produces short, edited video highlights you can easily post on social media. Or show your adventures as they happen with Live Streaming via Ustream.
Explore your creative side
- Record Full HD videos in MP4 at 28Mbps as well as XAVC S codec at 50Mbps. What this means: less image quality lost. You get highly detailed image files so you have more information to work with during editing. And store your cinematic masterpieces on Memory Stick Micro (M2) or microSD/SDHC/SDXC (class 4 or higher) memory cards (each sold separately).
- Action Cam Movie Creator post-shooting software offers easy-to-use editing options. One neat feature is to overlay GPS info, such as distance and speed travelled, on your videos so you can relive and share every twist and turn of your mountain trek.
- Show off your artistic vision with dynamic 4K time-lapse movies. Simply use Time-lapse mode to capture picturesque 4K still at defined intervals, then seamlessly combine these images with Action Cam Movie Creator (or Action Cam App).
- Get all of the action in just one frame. Motion Shot LE creates a composite image of your subject in motion. Change the look of the frames by adjusting the different burst speeds: 8fps/1 second, 5fps/2 seconds, or 2fps/5 seconds. It's the perfect image to use to shut down trash talk when your friends challenge you to "prove it."
- Life doesn't stop for a photo op, so why should you? Burst Shooting captures fast-moving action with up to 8 high-quality shots of a trick, flip, or transition. It's a great way to capture movement then go back and analyze your form. Burst Shooting captures at 8fps/1 second, 5fps/2 seconds, or 2fps/5 seconds.
- From fast to slow, this Action Cam POV camera captures slow-motion HD videos. Shot at 120fps you'll be able to see every moment of a triumphant climb as your friend successfully completes her first dyno.