Sony AM/FM Radio with Built-In Speaker (ICFP26)
- AM/FM tuner picks up a wide variety of broadcast music, news, and talk show entertainment
- Built-in speaker produces quality sound at high volume to enjoy wherever you go
- Earphone jack lets you listen privately or enjoy better quality sound in noisy environments
- LED tuning indicator helps you find optimal station tuning, even at night
- Telescopic antenna and built-in ferrite antenna for FM and AM reception
- Ultra-compact pocket-size design makes it easy to carry in a pocket or a purse
- Runs on 2 AA batteries (sold separately)
- Hand Strap
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1260 reviewers who responded, 1159 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Exceptional Pocket Radio- July 3, 2017
When I was a kid, a "transistor radio," as we called them then, was my constant companion on the go, on my bike, by my bed, and everywhere else. Now in the era of smartphones and tablets there are a variety of other personal entertainment options, but sometimes a pocket radio is exactly what you want, and this one is fantastic. It sounds great for a radio of its size, the batteries last essentially forever, it's simple to use, it looks sleek, and it gets excellent reception on both the FM and AM bands. A lot of the other small radios available now are cheaply made and barely work, so it's great to see that Sony is still making a high-quality one.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retro style transistor radio updated- November 23, 2018
Bought this for my mother in law for emergency preparedness. Simple to use and in a format easily understood by a senior, since it mimics the transistor radios of the 60s that she is familiar with. Traditional analog tuning needs a little skill to use, but it's pretty much only going to be used on the CBC Radio 1 news channel. Loudspeaker gives quite good quality sound at an adequate volume in a quiet room. It did not come with earphones (perhaps a mono earpiece could be included; maybe it is with the full retail model, but I bough it refurbished from a discount seller). Has not be used long enough to determine durability or battery life, but it's a Sony...Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid, analog tuning pocket radio- September 18, 2020
I purchased this small radio to have a solid performer to tune in news and/or weather during autumn storms. Also useful to carry in a tackle box when fishing. AA batteries have much longer working life than a cell phone battery in a real emergency when power lines can go down. This does not have NOAA weather reception, but is nice a small for general listening when away from car radio. It has an earplug jack, and SONY has a good reputation for tuner reception quality. The speaker is small so music listening can be painful, but this is hard to beat OK for news, sports broadcasts, weather. Highly recommended and reviewed by several radio afficiandos (radioheads) on youtube.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.