Sony Clock Radio - White
- Bright orange jumbo LEDs are easy to read, even from across the room
- Gradual wake alarm means you won't be harshly jarred from slumber
- Features brightness control that can be adjusted to a reasonable level at night to avoid distracting you while you're trying to sleep
- Built-in analog FM/AM radio offers a variety of radio, talk, and music programs
- Programmable sleep timer shuts off the radio after you've fallen asleep
- Snooze button gives you 10 minutes of extra shut-eye
- Optional battery backup keeps your alarm clock functioning even when the power's gone out
- Automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings and Standard Time
- Comes preset to Eastern Standard Time, so setup is as easy as plugging it in and setting it to the right time zone
Connectivity & Media
- Power Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 51 reviewers who responded, 30 would recommend this product.
- Looks Good and is Small- April 10, 2019
I have now used the Sony clock radio for a week and am happy with the sound and how small it is on the bedside table. The clock numbers are not too bright, which is a concern with some of the competitive cocks, according to reviews I have read. The settings are not completely intuitive and the directions for setting the time leave out one step, which is annoying until you figure it out. Radio reception is better than my former Sony clock radio, which had a separate antenna, which had to be positioned just perfectly. I find it interesting that Sony has gone back to an analogue station dial, so there are no pre-sets. Not a huge problem since I stay on one station most of the time, but there are two other stations I use periodically, so that feature is a bit of a loss.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than promised- January 17, 2018
This clock radio is reasonably difficult to setup and can be accomplished in a focused session of about 5 minutes. All the ads say "Automatic time setting when plugged in for the first time and clock will be maintained even if there is a power cut.". I bought two of these clocks, neither of which did that and was the only reason I bought them. The only thing that MIGHT be automatic is the DST adjustment - Time will tell, I'll have to wait to the spring to find out. Neither clocks retained their power when unplugged, as promised, and I had to reprogram from the start when moving from one room to the other. In this case I'm not sure what the purpose of that battery is, unless it arrived with dead batteries. The radio sounded quite good and the price is very reasonable.
- Nice looking. Poor timepiece.- July 3, 2020
A very nice looking cube. Dimmer feature is great. The display is big enough to see across the room. An alarm that gradually gets louder. That's the good. However, it doesn't keep proper time. It gains about 1 minute a month. I have to reset the time every month or two. The battery tested at 2.9 volts on my meter so I replaced it with a new one which tested at 3.3 volts. Didn't make a difference. Since TIME is the most important thing for a clock, all the other features don't mean much.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.