Sony E-Mount APS-C 55–210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS 3.8x Telephoto Zoom Lens - Black
Close for comfort
- With this 55-210mm telephoto zoom (82.5-315mm on an APS-C sensor) you're never too far from the action. Whether photographing your daughter's championship game from the bleachers or capturing a shot of a mischievous capuchin monkey in the canopy overhead, you've got the focal range to get close to your subject.
Keep your focus
- Photographing children or monkeys can be tricky. They're not necessarily ones to stay put. So when you need to move your camera to follow your daughter's breakaway or quickly track a jumping monkey, Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether it's your daughter streaking down the wing to put a precision pass into the box or a monkey leaping from branch to branch in the treetops, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast, quiet autofocusing with a short minimum focusing distance so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 7-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the maximum f/4.5-6.3 aperture offers smooth and natural defocusing.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- This E-mount lens is ideal for basic portrait work, capturing sports, or wildlife photography. It's compatible with E-mount mirroless cameras.
- Sony SEL55210mm Lens
- Lens Hood
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 966 reviewers who responded, 926 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- impressive results- August 31, 2015
Purchased this relatively small and light tele lens together with my Sony A5000 and it's standard 18-50mm lens. These 2 lenses cover the whole range I need. The results are impressive and better than my SLR camera/tele lenses photo's. Recently I took many photo's at an international hockey final and I managed to get sharp pictures from one end of the pitch to the other. Recommended!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- New toy- June 2, 2021
The Sony 55-210mm f/4-6.3 telephoto lens has become my favorite lens. It is very light and small, a little bit bigger than the kit lens, but it is still small and very easy to use. I find myself using it often. It worked perfectly to take some pictures of the eclipse even though I didn't use a tripod.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for Beginners- February 9, 2021
Good lens for Beginners. This came as bundle with my A6000 and I am glade they included it. It does a decent job with bird photograph. Since it's F4.5 don't expect too much with night photography. Overall I am happy with this lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lens- April 1, 2017
Bought this to add some range to my a6300, typically shoot with with a 28/1.8. After reading all the reviews there was little to no other option. There are maybe three zoom lenses for the e-mount system. So few options that this is actually the kit lens when you buy the zoom lens camera body. Don't let the fact that this is really your only option turn you off, this is a very good lens. Zooms way in and takes really good crisp pictures even zoomed all the way in and hand held...if you have the right settings on your camera.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works well.- January 29, 2016
This lens is fully capable of getting good, sharp shots. It is a zoom so you have to understand the limitations of longer(than kit lens) zooms, even $$$ ones. Took to beach on first day to just try it out...was happy when I got home to see what it could do....a very nice compliment to the 18-55 kit that came with my a3000. I shoot landscapes, and found that with good camera settings I could get usable shots even at sunset lighting levels. Not as bright as $$$ lenses, but will get the job done with a little patience. I decided to brave getting an 'open-box' lens and it works perfectly. Saved LOTS of $, and am very happy to have lens. FREE shipping got it to me next day somehow... was very surprised and glad. Still in TEST mode for this lens, but it looks promising for my needs.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns