Sony E-Mount APS-C 30mm f/3.5 Prime Close-up Macro Lens
Close for comfort
- Offering a 30mm (45mm on an APS-C sensor) wide angle view, this lens gives you a great focal length for landscapes. Plus, with a minimum focusing distance of 0.095m and 1:1 magnification, this lens is ideal for macro photography and extreme close-ups.
- This wide angle macro lens delivers a constant f/3.5 maximum aperture, making it ideal for low light situations. It delivers a shallow depth of field so your close-ups get gorgeous background bokeh for that added artistic flare.
Keep your focus
- Macro photography can be tricky. Small insects or tiny creatures aren't necessarily going to sit still for you. So when you need to move your camera to follow a butterfly or quickly track a jumping cricket, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether you're trying to capture the pattern in the wings of a dragonfly or a portrait of your laughing baby, quick autofocusing is crucial. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- You don't want a noisy camera, especially when you're trying to photograph small creatures. Thankfully, the internal autofocus stepping motor offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing animals and insects the sound of your autofocus motor won't spook them. Quiet autofocus is also great when you're recording video so you don't get the autofocus motor noise in your movie.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 9-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/3.5 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a shallow depth of field.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight wide angle lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 135 reviewers who responded, 132 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- GREAT Macro & Street Lens- February 4, 2017
The macro performance is amazingly sharp and precise, but this lens also shines as a simple street lens. Quick focusing, sharp color separation and short profile make it perfect for quick snaps while out and about without the wide-angle look of a proper landscape lens. It doesn't have a large enough aperture to be a good low-light lens, but it'll do pretty well with the ISO jacked up a little more than normal. Good construction, feels sturdy and the manual focus ring has a nice, solid grip to it. The attached photo was just a quick shot to see how it performed without a tripod in natural light. No image manipulation at all. Great lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- economic wonder- May 3, 2015
Having recently moved from a heavyweight major brand to a lightweight Sony mirrorless camera, I have purchased the Sony E30mm F3.5 macro intending to see how good the macro facility was, as I have done quite a bit of such work in the past. The macro is very good (see the attached crop of a bee) but also the general usage is excellent. It is now my attached lens for walkabouts because the clarity and resolution appear to at least equal to my other walkabout Sony Zeiss zoom which does not have the macro function. The only snag I have experienced is the nearness required for animated subjects which usually ends up with a blank subject (but not always..!)Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice macro for the smaller wallet!- October 18, 2021
I wanted to try macro-photography, but I just wanted to see if it's something I like. This lens isn't expensive and is super sharp! You can get close to the subject and after you learned to work with it, you can make great pictures with it. It's a very great lens to start with macro-photography. There is only one little thing; the lens is quite short, so you must avoid working in your own shadow and watch out you don't create a shadow while getting very close to the subject. But you can work around that pretty easy. It's also a great lens for portraits and landscapes. I use it on my A6000 and I would definitely recommend this lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns