Sony E-Mount APS-C 30mm f/3.5 Prime Close-up Macro Lens
Close for comfort
- Offering a 30mm (45mm on an APS-C sensor) wide angle view, this lens gives you a great focal length for landscapes. Plus, with a minimum focusing distance of 0.095m and 1:1 magnification, this lens is ideal for macro photography and extreme close-ups.
- This wide angle macro lens delivers a constant f/3.5 maximum aperture, making it ideal for low light situations. It delivers a shallow depth of field so your close-ups get gorgeous background bokeh for that added artistic flare.
Keep your focus
- Macro photography can be tricky. Small insects or tiny creatures aren't necessarily going to sit still for you. So when you need to move your camera to follow a butterfly or quickly track a jumping cricket, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether you're trying to capture the pattern in the wings of a dragonfly or a portrait of your laughing baby, quick autofocusing is crucial. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- You don't want a noisy camera, especially when you're trying to photograph small creatures. Thankfully, the internal autofocus stepping motor offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing animals and insects the sound of your autofocus motor won't spook them. Quiet autofocus is also great when you're recording video so you don't get the autofocus motor noise in your movie.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 9-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/3.5 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a shallow depth of field.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight wide angle lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 135 reviewers who responded, 132 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Excellent lens for the price- 21 juin 2017
I am just an amateur when it comes to photography, but I have really enjoyed using this lens for closeups of flowers, insects, etc. I love just how close I can get and still get a great looking picture. On the flip side, I've even used this lens for portraits with great results. The photos I've included are some of my favorites as a beginner. Only the first two photos have had some minor enhancing done in editing. The others are JPEGs straight from the camera.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thing, nice to use- 12 septembre 2014
It's a great macro lens. Great quality of photos, it's also sharp. I'm happy that it's also quite small, so doesn't make any problems often carrying it with me. The only drawback that I know is slow autofocus. And often when I want to focus on something rather small it doesn't get it.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens is Great Buy- 5 octobre 2020
I purchased the Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens to use with my Sony a6000 mirrorless digital camera: I love close-up photos. The lens is light and offers full functionality with my a6000 - another reason I chose this lens. Additionally, the price (slightly less than $300) fit my budget. I was not disappointed. The Sony 30mm f/3.5 macro lens provides clear sharp images (please see accompanying photos). Of course, because the focal distance is much shorter than non-macro lenses you have to get very close to the photo subject, Practice is needed to capture the desired images. Also, this macro lens, as with most macro lenses, is difficult to use if your subject moves a lot - butterflies, for example. But, it can be done; just know it takes a lot of patience. Although I haven't personally used it for a portrait lens, I understand it does a good job for those situations. Overall, I am happy with the Sony 30mm f/3.5 macro lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good lens- 19 juillet 2017
This is original file Im just try to use this lens to hunting
- great budget-friendly macro- 11 juillet 2020
This lens pairs perfectly with my Sony a6000! SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT by the way... Helpful tip: just keep in mind - you'll likely need a TRIPOD to use this lens to reduce camera shake.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns