Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE 70-200mm f/4 OSS Telephoto Zoom G Lens
Model Number: SEL70200G
Web Code: 10383197
Sold and shipped by Best Buy
The Sony SEL70200G 70-200mm full-frame telephoto zoom lens offers G series optical performance in a compact, lightweight size. Featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture, Optical SteadyShot, and fast autofocus, this lens has a compact, lightweight, rugged moisture- and dust-resistant design making it easy to take with you on any adventure.
Check with the manufacturer for details or purchase Best Buy Protection on the next step.
- Tripod Mount
Close for comfort
- Offering an impressive 70-200mm (105-300mm on an APS-C sensor) focal length, this full-frame lens gives you the range you need to photograph sports action, as well as capture incredible portraits. Whether photographing your daughter's championship game from the bleachers or capturing a shot of a mischievous capuchin monkey in the canopy overhead, you've got the focal range to get close to your subject.
- Constructed from aluminum alloy, this lens is lightweight, durable, and highly resistant to temperature changes. Plus, its dust- and moisture-resistant design means you can take it with you just about anywhere. So whether you're in a tropical rainforest, at the ice rink, or down at the beach you can capture beautiful images without having to worry about your lens getting damaged.
Keep your focus
- Photographing children or monkeys can be tricky. They're not necessarily ones to stay put. So when you need to move your camera to follow your daughter's breakaway or quickly track a jumping monkey, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether it's your daughter streaking down the wing to put a precision pass into the box or a monkey leaping from branch to branch in the treetops, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- You don't want to be the person with the noisy camera. Thankfully, the Super Sonic Wave Motor offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing you're daughter's wedding you won't have to struggle to hear her read her vows over the sound of your autofocus motor.
- This G series lens delivers advanced features for intermediate and pro shooters. The focus hold button lets you lock your focusing distance once you've got your focus where you want it. Locking your focus settings means you can shoot without having to constantly refocus on the same area so you can make sure you get capture every moment in sharp detail. This lens has other advanced features including a preview function, range limiter, and panning mode, all located on the barrel for easy access.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 9-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/4 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a shallow depth of field.
- Sony's Nano AR (anti-reflective) coating reduces reflections that can cause ghosting and flare. Delivering accurate light transmission, this AR coating improves clarity and contrast so you get high-quality images.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. Super ED glass elements offer even better reduction of chromatic aberrations so you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
Apparent Focal Length with APS-C/DX Sensor
105 mm - 300 mm
Horizontal Angle of View with 35 mm Sensor
34° - 12°
Horizontal Angle of View with APS-C/DX Sensor
22° - 8°
Closest Focusing Distance
1–1.5 (AF) 1–1.35 (MF)
Optical SteadyShot (OSS)
White & Black
Filter Attachment Type
ILCE5000LB; ILCE5000LW; ILCE5100LW; ILCE5100LB; ILCE6000LB; ILCE6000LW; ILCE6000LS; ILCE7B; ILCE7KB; ILCE7M2K