Sony FDR-AX53 4K Handycam Flash Memory Camcorder
- Camcorder delivers 4K ultra HD video that's 4x higher than full HD resolution so you can capture fine details and realistic images at 3840 x 2160 resolution
- Exmor R BSI-CMOS Sensor enhances image clarity and reduces noise in dark environments
- BIONZ X delivers fast image processing and helps achieve more naturally vivid and lifelike image quality
- 26.8mm wide-angle Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T lens with 20x optical zoom and 40x (HD)/30x (4K) Clear Image zoom is great for shooting grand landscapes and clear close-ups
- f/2-f/3.8 aperture allows soft background defocusing
- Dual video recording records your movie in 2 different formats at the same time — one in high-quality XAVC S or AVCHD format and another in MP4 format
- XAVC 4K captures 3840 x 2160/30p, 24p
- XAVC S HD (1080/60p, 30p, 24p) and AVCHD (1080/60p) formats are professional-grade, allowing post-production editing
- MP4 format records 720/30p and is ideal for easy sharing with friends and family
- Captures 16.6MP still images in Photo Mode
- Optical SteadyShot with 5-axis Intelligent Active Mode stabilizes footage correcting for vibration in five different directions, allowing you to shoot while moving
- Built in 32GB internal memory offers ample room for record birthdays, weddings, graduations and more
- Fast Intelligent AF uses accurate contrast-detection autofocus, minimizing lens motion, predicts the AF range, and accelerates lens drive, improving response so you can capture every moment in sharp detail
- Lock-on autofocus tracks moving subjects, using the best AF point at all times
- Built-in 5.1 channel surround sound microphone accurately captures the atmosphere of the scene
- My Voice Canceling function reduces the intensity of the voice of the shooter from close behind the camera
- Time Lapse capture lets you capture still images continuously over an extended period of time and playback that series of images as a time-lapse movie
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you send files, remote control, or live stream to your smartphone
- NFC connectivity offers one-touch remote capture and sharing
- 0.24-inch high-resolution OLED EVF with 1.555K dots lets you easily frame shots in bright light
- 3-inch Clear Photo LCD display with 460.8k dots) and 16:9 wide aspect ratio lets you frame your shot and playback videos
- Connectivity options include USB 2.0 and HDMI output ports
LCD & Viewfinder
- NPFV70 Rechargeable Battery Pack
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
- Operating Guide
- HDMI(micro) Cable
- microUSB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 658 reviewers who responded, 622 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Love this Camcorder- July 16, 2018
My first FDR-AX53 had a lot of use and I felt it was getting worn out so I bought a used AX53 as a backup and a brand new FDR-AX53. My second day using it, when I would turn it on nothing would happen. I would have to remove the battery and reinstall it to get it to run. This happened about 6 or more times during the day. Once I had to remove and install the battery twice before it would turn on. I don't remember this ever happening with my old FDR-AX53 in the last 2 1/2 years. It was a warm day, but not that hot. Otherwise I love this camcorder. You can't beat the image stabilization, but I wish the image quality was better when zoomed in.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- One big flaw- October 30, 2017
The flip-open shoe cover on top of the camera flops around annoyingly during setup and in the heat of run-and-gun handheld action, striking the camera body. I've also found that tapping the follow-focus command on screen as gently as possible still shakes the camera, even on its VCT-VPR1 tripod, and the zoom command is difficult to set at a predictable, desired speed using any of the camera's zoom controls. The VPR1 tripod does offer slow and fast zoom on it's remote — if you can live with only two speeds rather than an infinite choice! Everything about the video quality and lens is wonderful, but these problems detract from perfection.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Could be great, But!- October 4, 2019
This camcorder has so much potential, but with the focusing issues after the firmware update, this thing becomes a bear to use. I try to use manual focusing but because of the firmware update, now it will loose focus and it won't come back. The focus ring is almost none usable in a video type situation as you have to turn it so many times to get it back in focus. I would not recommend this product to anyone until they fix it, which it doesn't seem like they are at all. Last firmware update a long time ago. you should take these off the shelves or fix the problems. Last Sony product I plan on buying until quality become better.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.