Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE Sonnar T 35mm f/2.8 ZEISS Wide Angle Prime Lens
Available to ship
- Designed for Sony a7 cameras
- Fast and bright F2.8 aperture to benefit working in low-light conditions and for greater control over the plane of focus
- New optical system features three aspherical lens elements that correct aberrations, realize high contrast at all aperture settings, and capture fine details even in image periphery
- Anti-reflective coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design enables ensured performance when working in extreme environmental conditions
- Nine-blade circular diaphragm enables a smooth out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to shallow depth of field imagery
- Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens
- Lens Hood
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 137 reviewers who responded, 132 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Sharp and Fast Lens- November 23, 2020
Excellent! I am extremely satisfied with the quality and speed of this lens.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Lens is HOT!!- November 29, 2015
Not like literally hot of course, but if you're an A7 Series owner, this is a must have piece of glass! The quality of the photos is can produce are astounding and almost unbelievable when you think of how small it is. Yes the f/1.4 is amazing with an aperture 2 stops greater, but in a body immensely larger. When this lens is attached to the body of my A7II, I can't even notice it's there. It's possibly the best all around, versatile as heck, small profile native lens available for the camera right now. If you enjoy taking street, architecture, landscapes, and portraits with amazing bokeh, this lens is a must and you won't regret adding it to your kit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lens- April 11, 2014
Here's the thing. I'm a lens junkie. Have been since I can remember. There was a long period when I wasn't shooting all that much. along came digital and my addiction resurfaced. I'm not shooting with Sony Nex and A7 cameras. Over the past several years, I've built up a collection of Leica, Minolta, Olympus and Canon lenses. All of them adapted to work on my e-mount cameras. I chose the FE 35mm as I had no native autofocus lenses for my A7 and I have several 50mm lenses already and only one wide angle option a Leica 28mm Elmarit. This Zeiss lens is most likely the best lens in my collection. Auto focus is quick. Color and contrast are excellent. Images require very little adjustment in Lightroom. This lens is a keeper.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it simple and SMALL- January 26, 2019
Like many others, I have $$$$$$ dollars invested in one lens or another. By physics, these lens get rather large sometimes depending on what is being done. Sometimes, you just miss the good 'ol days of point and shoot cameras being small. This prime lens does just that for my A7R3 without compromising on image quality. This lens is my go to lens for my A7R3 that is now a great and compact travel camera. The lens is crisp from edge to edge and bokeh is nice. An ideal perfect lens for my needs.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharp, fast focusing, broad dynamic range- September 26, 2014
I sold my Canon gear with three L lenses to go lightweight. This SEL35f28ZA is four oz. I find I get more out of using this one prime than I did from Canon's 24-70mm. I like the tiny hood. I probably would have bought the SEL55F18ZA if I were to do it again, but I'm excited about the FE 90mm macro just announced for next years release. While there are camera combinations that are also excellent the Sony mirrorless fits the bill for me.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns