Sony STR-DH590 5.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Home Theatre AV Receiver
Finest Picture Quality
- The 4K pass through ensures the picture quality consistently maintains its 4K resolution at 60p
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) support provides deeper colors and richer contrasts
- HDCP 2.2 compatible
- 5.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9 percent)
- Features Dolby TrueHD and dts HD Enhanced Audio Codecs
- Boasts FM Radio with 30-station presets
- Metal framework and power amplifier reduces distortion and vibration for a crisp sound quality
- S-Force Pro Front Surround creates an immersive surround-sound atmosphere with just two speakers in smaller rooms
- Digital Theater Auto Calibration allows you to fine-tune the sound output based on your position relative to the speakers
Connectivity and Control
- Bluetooth compatibility allows you to play media from your mobile device
- Full arsenal of input/output terminals, including 4 HDMI input ports, for all your devices
- Compact size with low profile means minimal space requirement in your media center
- Simple LED display and 2 dials on the face of the receiver provides an uncluttered minimal design
- Remote (RMT-AA401U)
- FM Antenna
- Calibration Mic (Mono)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 2384 reviewers who responded, 2208 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good value system.- March 19, 2021
For the price this system delivers plenty of sound and inputs for an average living room. I stream most of my entertainment so watching tv can have some sound challenges but I can generally search through the preset surround sound options and find one that works better for the show I am watching. I purchased a universal remote that allows me to run the receiver, roku, tv and dvd player easily but I still need to adjust the preset sound setting with the yamaha remote but that's not too big a deal. The powered sub is really sufficient for our 300 sq ft living room. Having the side and rear speakers all the same size make installation a bit easier.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sounds Great But... Annoying Home Screen pops up- April 16, 2019
When ever you turn on the TV, HOME SCREEN pops up. You need to wait an unusually long time for it to go away or hit Home button on TV. After an exhausting internet search, it is by design. If you hook up ARC to TV - it will not appear. After figuring out how to turn on feature that allows sound to come from SMART TV this DUMB Feature occurs. Solution, have data only go TV not Back to unit. So if you use Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube... Turn off Stereo and use TV Volume only. This set up was for my Senior Parents. They expect it to work when you turn it on with ONE remote. It got old in 3 days. Returned and shopping for a new solution.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Bluetooth is not pairing- April 29, 2019
Blue Tooth on this receiver will not pair with Blue Tooth Head Phone. All the information I have seen on this product indicates that this Sony STR-DH590 A/V Receiver, IS BLUE TOOTH COMPATIBLE. I am hearing impaired and want blue tooth head phones for listening to my music and for listening to my TV without blowing the windows out. I am extremely disappointed in Sony. I am well into my twilight years have purchased many Sony products all my life, still have many of them in my home... I would be more than happy to hear from Sony regarding this matter. Please note I do not read the owners manuals prior to purchasing and item. DaveNo, I would not recommend this to a friend.