Sony STRDN1080 7.2 Channel Atmos Network AV Receiver
- 7 channels deliver 165 watts each to drive today's quality loudspeakers and give you spectacular audio quality
- Enhanced by Dolby Atmos 3D and DTS:X audio to provide dynamic, object-based surround sound
- HDCP 2.2 compliant and supports simple connectivity and full-playback of 4K Premium Content with maximum visual and multi-channel sound quality
- Allows full, native 4K video content pass-through to 4K-capable televisions and projectors
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) signal pass-through greatly enhances contrast and brightness and brings colours to life
- NFC and Bluetooth connectivity enable one touch streaming from enabled devices
- Integrated dual-band Wi-Fi with Airplay, DLNA, Chromecast, and Spotify Connect3 means you can stream playlists wirelessly from PCs, smartphones, and other devices
- 6 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs, a front USB port, optical digital and analogue AV connections provide connectivity to HDTVs, Blu-ray disc players, and other devices
- Expand your listening and control with multi-room and Google Home compatibility
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration EX combined with virtual speaker relocation technology automatically optimises speaker frequencies, phases and delays, delivering a sound field perfectly suited to your room
- Phantom Surround Back speaker setting replicates the effect of physical surround back speakers so you can enjoy the full 360-degree 7-channel experience with just a 5-channel setup
- S-Force PRO front surround delivers a virtual surround acoustic field using only 2 speakers
- Experience amazing sound with Hi-Res Audio up to DSD 5.6
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1948 reviewers who responded, 1760 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Punches well above its weight class- June 13, 2019
I was originally looking at receivers that cost at least double the price of this Sony receiver; however, each time I performed side by side comparisons, this receiver had all the functionality of those much more expensive receivers. Since I have a Sony TV and Sony 4k bluray, I figured I'd give this receiver a shot at the championship belt. It was a knock out! Very easy to set up, great documentation, outstanding sound. I'm using the this receiver in a 7.1 setup and I am very impressed/satisfied with the sound reproduction. If you're in the market for a receiver, I would strongly recommend adding this receiver to your side by side comparisons.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A badly-needed upgrade- July 10, 2020
My old receiver had been on its last legs for quite a while and I finally decided to replace it. So far, this unit has produced fantastic sound quality. Setup is quite simple, almost automated. One issue we've encountered is repeatedly receiving HDCP errors on my Roku, especially after changing settings on the receiver. I've never encountered this before. While it's a bit of a pain, a quick restart of the Roku usually fixes it. I'm hoping that once I have all my levels set to my liking, I won't run into this anymore (as I won't have to tweak as much). If anyone has insight into what's causing this, I'd love to hear about a permanent fix.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great receiver packed amazing sound and features- August 20, 2017
I purchased this reciever last week and have to say it's amazing it connected to my 4k Sony TV with ease and my first impressions where fantastic. The arc return is great and changes inputs automatically to suit. The sound is punchy and deep the highs and lows are crisp and I'm suitably impressed. All of my devices where easily connected and found it easy and convenient to cast music from my phone or laptop. The sideview app for Android is Fantastic too saves digging around for the remote. I have yet to add extra speakers for the dolby atmos function but if this is anything like the rest of the features I will be happy. 10/10 Sony well done.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.