Sony X80J 50" 4K UHD HDR LED Smart Google TV (KD50X80J) - 2021
Big and Beautiful Screen
- 50" 4K screen provides an immersive viewing experience with 3840 x 2160 native resolution
- Google Smart TV functionality enables seamless browsing of 400,000+ movies and TV episodes (subscriptions may be required)
- LED backlighting provides excellent viewing angles and consistent brightness
- HDR colour reproduction ensures a nearly life-like picture
- Motionflow XR 240 and 60Hz refresh rate keep fast-moving action blur-free for sports and action movies that truly pop
A Picture Like You've Never Seen Before
- Triluminos Pro creates accurate colours so every image is natural and ideally tuned to the your eyes
- Dolby Vision helps you watch cinematic content as its creator intended
- 4K X-Reality Pro upscaling takes HD content and makes it more detailed thanks to intelligent processing for an effect that makes all images closer to 4K no matter what
Smart and Easy to Use
- Google TV and Apple AirPlay let you play your favourite content easily
- Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, Apple TV, and many more apps included for nearly endless choices (may require additional subscriptions; sold separately)
- Google Assistant voice controls so you can relax and ask to play movies, TV shows, music, and more all with a few simple commands
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and wired internet capable, ensuring you can place this TV wherever you desire
- Four HDMI ports, one mini jack AV input, one headphone jack, and two USB ports enable flexible wired connectivity
Dimensions With Stand
Dimensions Without Stand
- Table-Top Stand
- AC Power Cord
- Voice Remote Control
- Quick Setup Guide
- Operating Instructions
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 594 reviewers who responded, 505 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A Let Down- November 29, 2021
Let me first say the picture quality is fine. However, playing from USB, it does not recognize some of my sticks, most content stutters, if it plays at all. It seems to have the most issues with H.265 encoded 4K, though others have issues as well, I guess it has a poor CPU in it. It should be said all of this works on my old Samsung 7000 from 3 years ago and my NVIDIA shield which is even older. It, shockingly, also keeps muting my Sony STR-850 receiver. Thoroughly disappointed. I have switched back to using my shield and running everything through the STR-850 and disabling everything I can on this TV. It at least makes a good monitor.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Great TV- May 12, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I have had my previous, smaller, Sony for over 10 years and it is still going strong so I was eager to try out this new, smart TV. It does not disappoint. The set up is extremely easy. Literally it is plug and play! I was able to connect my Google account to this TV which is great. Because it is a smart TV, I haven’t had the need to use my Fire Stick yet since it gets all of the apps I need. The download speed is super fast and the picture quality is very sharp! I have not tried the AirPlay feature yet, but I’m looking forward to testing it out. I definitely recommend this TV if you are in the market for a good brand at a great price!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far OK- August 19, 2021
So this is a Google TV and I am having difficulties, or completely unable to, download BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, etc. and I am somewhat forced to use strictly Google apps or Apple TV. This is disappointing. The TV is thick at the back from top to bottom unlike many TVs where it is thinner towards the top end. This did cause some difficulties when mounting to the wall. Granted this may not be the fault of the product. I also have poor signal for watching TV channels digitally. I assume this is most likely an issue with the aerial but I would have also assumed a TV of this quality would still be able to pick up a good picture.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.