SteelSeries Arctis 1 Gaming Headset for Xbox One - Black
- Over-ear headphones provide a full seal that blocks out external distractions and a comfortable fit for your marathon gaming sessions
- Wired headset eliminates the hassle of dying batteries and charging requirements
- 40mm drivers and neodymium magnets emphasize subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- ClearCast microphone is Discord certified to provide crisp, natural sound with background noise cancellation so teammates always hear you clearly
- Compatible with all gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, VR, and even mobile devices thanks to the universal 3.5mm cable
- Low-profile design, detachable microphone, and fold-flat ear cups provide convenient portability
- Steel-reinforced headband is adjustable to ensure a customized fit and long-lasting durability
- Detachable Microphone
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 11 reviewers who responded, 8 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
Ease of Use: Good
- Broke second day, drums sound washed out- September 2, 2020
I purchased this during the pandemic and when headphone returns are frowned upon with an unclear return policy. It broke the second day I used the headset, with the right ear cup having no sound at all. As I didn't want to stress the frontline workers at Best Buy arguing for return of an "opened headphone", I repaired it myself. There was no glue and I could get at everything with a #0 Phillips screwdriver. The ear cup has 30AWG magnet wire (or thinner), and there was a cold solder joint attaching the wire that goes to the driver and the wire that goes across the head band. Therefore after some light usage, the wires disconnected and therefore I lost sound on that ear cup. I fixed it by resoldering the joint. Internally, the headset does have stress reducing ridges for wires to sit in, but all the wires are 30AWG or thinner, so enough twists will probably wear it out, especially because the earcups can rotate 90 degrees. The repair took me about 15 minutes, which is easily less time than masking up and arguing. After the repair I was able to use the headset. PROS: * Good mid level sound and vocals on the headphone * Comfortable for glasses and big head (e.g. I pick the biggest size for bicycle helmets) * The microphone is clear and has good levels (no artificial "mic boost" needed for iPhone or Realtek sound card); it would be passable for a game stream but slightly low quality for a podcast * Can open for repairs without destroying it CONS: * Thin wire that broke on me * No holder, bag, or clip to hold the detached microphone * Drums in music sound washed out I give it two stars because of the decent microphone and repairablility, but wires are not robust enough to take the stress from rotating the earcups over time.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (4)Report
- Excellent Headset- August 11, 2020
Another good product from steelSeries. I already own the arctis7 but lost the wired cable to play on my Xbox one. So i bought these since they were on sale and boy they don't disappoint. Doesn't have the fancy features my 7 has but will do the job for just the xbox one.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mic is not good- September 5, 2020
Yes, This mic may have good comfort, but the ear cups leak sound. The mic is not the best and it has an echo when you talk. The mute doesn't even work because the sound still goes through. Overall I do not recommend this product. There are mics much better.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report